Wouldn't recommend to anyone

Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Naperville, IL
Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Naperville, IL

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meal, decent training, co-workers were generally friendly, good experience with dealing with all kinds of headaches with customers / management / etc Honestly, if you really need to work this can be a good starting point, but over the long haul it will wear you out.

Cons

Wasn't so bad at first but as time went on it came to the point where I just hated going in every day. Never enough time to get everything they want done but they're always on you about watching your overtime. While it felt like a lot of people work there we were short staffed and you could feel the pinch when more than one person was sick. I've seen bad workers kept on, good workers let go, and a co-worker baited with the possibility of a supervisor position (and even took on the extra tasks of that position) only to have the opening never materialize. On top of all the stress coming from management/corporate end you also have to deal with high stress hospital staff who can be rude, demeaning, sly or even outright try to take stuff. Burnout in the end - quit and found a much less stressful job for about the same pay.

Advice to Management

Honestly I can't think of any suggestions because they'd probably be duly noted and ignored.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. ARAMARK Sustainability Internship program is fantastic.

Current Employee - Environmental Sustainability Intern in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Environmental Sustainability Intern in Denver, CO

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional development opportunities, networking opportunities, experience implimenting sustainability initiatives of various types, opportunity to travel, large international company has extensive resources and expertise, continual communication between other interns in the program, monthly tracking and reporting of internship progress, ARAMARK is eager to hire successful interns upon completion of the internship.

Cons

Pay isn't great but at least it is paid! So many internships are not these days.

2. Steady food service job

Former Employee - Cook in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Cook in Rochester, NY

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits uniforms shoe allowance Can move from dishdog to cook quickly Safety bonus-gift cards that U want and cash Hours

Cons

$$$....of course....A fact of life in the food biz. Need 4 year Paper to go anywhere beyond the oven.

Advice to Management

This is a good place for collegegrads to start their field. My old manager did 5 YRS and now runs the northeast for a major food brand.