Great Company

Former Employee - Unit Controller in New York, NY
Former Employee - Unit Controller in New York, NY

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aramark has a comprehensive training and room to move up and around the country. Also the many divisions and departments allow you to gain a diverse skill set.

Cons

The only cons that I can think of are the red tape involved when new equipment is needed but the roadblocks were mainly in middle management. Overall it was a good place to work

Advice to Management

Keep your employees engaged in what your department/divisions goals are.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large International Corporation, free meals for managers, and opportunity to work with some high-end clientele

Cons

Employee morale is horrible, ALWAYS understaffed, managers expected to work 16 hour days 3 weeks in a row with no days off, many cliques formed- either you're in with the in crowd or in no crowd at all, HR manager only does what's good for company and not employees.. and I could go on. Horrible company to work for... I wouldn't wish my worst enemy a job with them.

Advice to Management

We are far beyond the "good ol boys club" of the 1990s; learn how to treat your management team with respect and appreciation. They are not only working for themselves, but for the company. Show some gratitude for that. Be a bit better with the work-life balance. Not all humans are meant to work 70 hour works for months on end. And stop targeting those that you just don't care for... not fair that you clean house just because you don't like someone.

2. If you are in HR this place is for you

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some people are very nice to work with... No micro managing.....good benefits...

Cons

High Turnover- Managment did not appreciate there employees. HR was incharge of everything therefore: made non-HR groups bow down to them. Employees always feel like they are walking on eggshells because layoff's have had happened are certainly expected to happen again.

Advice to Management

Executives: stop brown nosing eachother all the time and appreciate the people who help make the teams and make your money.