ARAMARK
www.aramark.com Philadelphia, PA 5000+ Employees

Had a good experience until this past year - I'm ready to leave now.

Manager (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

ProsMy manager supports personal development and work-life balance. The people I work with are fantastic. I have had many good experiences and opportunities, and my salary is very competitive.

ConsThis past year has been a nightmare. The new CEO fired hundreds of managers who had been there. Perhaps he saw tenure as the inability to change. The new CEO is also bringing in a bunch of people from Pepsi where he used to work. Although I agree with a "fresh eyes" approach for changing culture, I believe the new CEO and his team are short-sighted. You can't have people who don't understand the current culture and the complexity of the business making major decisions about the future of the company. I think their approach is all wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou say you want to put the "front line first," but your current strategy really doesn't lessen the workload for the front line or the district managers. Plus, your approach for separating employees from the company is poor. In addition to the people you're separating from the company involuntarily, you're losing many more voluntarily and disengaging hundreds of others. Your" hobby" of trying to rebuild this company is negatively affecting the financial security and emotions of the employees.

student manager in Higher Education

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros: the learning experience is great Cons: pay should be and can be better More

Good company, but they need to work on their worker appreciation skills.

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros: Large, stable company with long track record. They have a… Cons: The managers in our location are very nice, and seem to be concerned about the individual. The corporation as… Advice to Senior Management: Try to adjust your business model to fit different accounts, rather than going… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ARAMARK.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARAMARK reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss. All reviews posted anonymously by ARAMARK employees.