There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

Great Learning Opportunities

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Chicago, IL

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The ability to go back to school and continue learning is great.

Cons

Pay increases are subject to a flat increase, would have like to see raises based more on performance. However, with that said, the performance review and increases were consistent.

Advice to Management

Recognize your high performers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Terrible experience, but.... Not with company but with local management

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Worked and trained with people who genuinely loved their job. These folks were with the company for years and totally happy!

Cons

I worked with a sales center that had a terrible General Manager and was so disorganized it led to 5 DSM's leaving within months of each other.

2. Charlotte HUB Location Beyond Words! - Say yes Only if you're desperate! YIKES!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at ARAMARK (more than a year)

Pros

With minimal supervision and support, those desiring to sharpen managerial skills can indirectly hone those skills.
    Management at other locations tend to be the ones to show appreciation for a job well done! Pro/Con???

Cons

Too many to mention.......... :(
    1. Everyone's considered a clerk, while doing work that in most places would require a college education
    2. Extremely low pay with essentially no room for growth.
    3. Unbelievable amount of unprofessionalism which was never addressed by senior management (understatement, I promise)
    4. Management has zero respect for staff "clerks" - ZERO
    5. Absolute worst job ever - I compare it to a ZOO, sometimes Twilight Zone, getting Punked...Just absolutely unbelievable. If you don't believe me, just apply for an opening. First day, you'll know what I mean!!!!!! I promise!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Learn to value your employees (especially since they've agreed to work for pennies) - it goes a long way and may boost office morale. Oh, and it's probably not a good idea to brag about your boat, new house, grandiose vacations when most (if not all) of your employees struggle to make ends meet! Pay up or keep it to yourself!!

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK