ARAMARK

www.aramark.com
There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

ARAMARK is a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Executive Chef in Miami, FL

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is always an opportunity to grow with ARAMARK. You can even change careers within ARAMARK.

Cons

Sometimes its too big and you can feel lost in the company.

None

777 Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK (View Most Recent)

Everyone is very nice and the managers I work with are always willing to help

Current Employee - Support Role in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Support Role in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you are motivated and organized, you can succeed! If you push with your managers, you will be able to take trainings to further your career. The group I work for has very real and caring upper level management. They truly want the company to succeed and support all the levels of the employees to make sure they have what they need so they can complete their jobs.
    If you are willing to move anywhere, you do have the opportunity to really advance very far.

Cons

Communication isn't always the best. If someone leaves that is a contact for you, you don't find out until the email bounces back as undeliverable. Sometimes, it is hard to get a process changed, as they are growing. If you have a better way to do things, sometimes the corporate office won't listen as we are only "field staff."

Leaders do not practice stated company core values

Former Employee - Higher Education in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Higher Education in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are hard working and enthusiastic - Aramark hires well and then does not take care of people once they are there, so people quit in droves.

Cons

Staff was worked to the point of exhaustion; Upper management had no work-life balance so it was hard to say no to requests to work work work; The temptation to get time and a half to work more hours made it hard for employees to say no, especially when managers and directors worked 12+ hour days. Staff was prone to burn-out and serious stress-related health conditions; Company website touting awards, especially 'Most Ethical Companies' award were not consistent with the culture set by upper management at the site I worked.

Take it easy. Quit working staff do death. Set some priorities that are healthy and will retain workers. Update technology. Give staff the tools they need to do their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK