financial analyst

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time

Pros

Location, Coworkers, interview process straight forward

Cons

Salary, benefits, don't know yet about progress

Other Reviews for ARAMARK

Great resume builder

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at ARAMARK as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was a marketing intern with Aramark the summer between my junior and senior year of undergrad. It was a great resume experience and has helped me land a lot of interviews for full time jobs. Great opportunity for sales experience. I got a lot of excellent free food - at least 2 meals per day and sometimes got to take more food home. Being paid $9.25 an hour and getting 2+ meals per day (4 days per week) is not something you complain about as a college student.

Cons

Office politics. I was promised a promotion to project manager and continued employment throughout my senior year. About a month after accepting this position they just told me it was not available any longer. Management then spontaneously began requiring all interns to work unreasonable hours (in the same, non-project manager role) because the "business needs have changed." They forced everyone to change their class schedules that had been set months earlier. This all 2 weeks before classes started back up for Fall semester.

They also told me I had a lot of potential to work full time for them, but never followed up on any recruiting or networking opportunities for that. They do not recruit college students until the Spring semester anyway. Working in management in the Chapel Hill branch sucks anyway because they work very long hours for below average pay. Managers don't get compensated nearly enough for all of the work that they put in. And the office politics among managers is even worse than being an intern. The marketing branch was horrifically mismanaged. Oh and my direct supervisor maliciously started false rumors about the interns either to attempt to get us in some sort of trouble, or because she is a pathological liar. She then tried to cover up her lies when upper management was informed that the rumors were false.

Oh and my direct supervisor made frequent, personal, inappropriate, unprofessional, and unwanted sexual jokes, comments, and accusations to me.

Cut the crap, cut the fat, use your head. Use better judgement when hiring managers or at least put them through an ethics seminar when they start.

Experience at Aramark

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker  in  New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in New Orleans, LA

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work position, customer service experience, available time shift.

Cons

No cons at this time.

N/A

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!