the good, the bad, and the ugly

Current Employee - Seat Vendor  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Seat Vendor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ARAMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays good commission at most venues.

Cons

the transition of Soldier Field was a nightmare.

Manage more effectively

Other Reviews for ARAMARK

Great Place to work

I worked at ARAMARK full-time

Pros

advancement is very easy to come by

Cons

To many Manager changes in house

Please create a more stable environment

Working through college

Former Employee - Prep Cook  in  Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Prep Cook in Gainesville, FL

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was able to have hours that worked around my schedule. This was helpful when I was attending classes at the university. The management had its moments of positive atmospheres.

Cons

When I worked at Aramark, there were too many people that were delegating their tasks down the line when it would have only taken two minutes to do that task. The epitome of micromanaging was accomplished at the Aramark location that I worked for. I had friends that were being discriminated against for being females, when they were paid much less for the same job as other supervisors when the women had been at the position longer. There was never any respect given from the management to the employees in any sort of way. The upper management that wasn't at the direct location was never seen. I worked there for three years and I never once met the people who were the boss of the highest employee at the location. There is always communication issues. I have not been able to have a phone call returned this year after multiple attempts just to make sure my W2 is sent to the proper place.

I would advice the management to pay more attention to what is going on at all levels and see how the management is affecting the lower level employees even if you think it is a waste of time. Also don't announce when you are coming to visit, all that does is encourage the employees to play nice and clean up before you arrive then go right back to sluggish ways as soon as you have left the building.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!