ARAMARK

www.aramark.com

Bartender worked at Aramark catered sports arena.

Bartender (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros+ Didn't have to stay out too late for a bartending gig. Usually home before 12pm-1am.
+ Not a lot of silly extra chores you need to do at most places. You go in, set up, work, clean, count your money, and go home.
+ When events are crowded the tips are very good. You can easily break $40/hr.
+ Employees work as a team most of the time, people help each other get the job done.
+ Pick the shifts you work.

Cons- Since most of your co-workers are part-time/seasonal, a non-negligible amount of your co-workers will be taking their job very lightly. This can become frustrating when you are relying on having those folks there to help you.
- The supervisors try to respect your time, but sometimes at slow events you'll be kept on for the entire event and only make a couple bucks in tips.
- The high-earning bars are always monopolized by more senior employees. It is very hard to get shifts in the best locations as a newer employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't allow lazy employees to hold better shifts hostage. It makes the responsible, loyal employees feel naive for respecting their company.

On a couple of occasions I was bumped down to a lower-earning bar, but not until I showed up for my shift. I was always told that it was becasue "we want to try 'x' person at a new bar" or "the folks at 'y' bar really like you and you do the best job there", but in actuality, it was because someone who had a worse shift than me was refusing to take it at the last moment. Or because someone called out and they couldn't get someone to fill the "call-outs" spot, so they would give them mine and bump me down when I had arrived.

I liked all my managers and I didn't want to let them down, so I would suck it up and take the lesser shifts. After this happened twice I spoke about it to my supervisors/managers. Even though they didn't really acknowledge why it was happening, they never did it to me again. All I really needed to do was express my discontent and it made a difference, which is a sign of considerate and thoughtful management, but I don't think it should have been an issue in the first place.

However, in all fairness, the supervisors/managers might have been responding to the requests of more senior bartenders to work with different personel. I never got the feeling like the more senior bartenders didn't want to work with me, but I may have just missed the signs.

Long time employee; great company to work for

Food Service Director (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to… Cons: contract management opportunities can be limited by client base Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There is plenty to like, and plenty to dislike.

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: One of the best things about working for Aramark is the endless opportunities for… Cons: The corporate environment is a bit unforgiving. There is never much of a place for… Advice to Senior Management: Be a bit more open to the people in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ARAMARK.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!