There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

Worked for them for 6+ years.

Current Employee - Regional General Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Regional General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Advanced very quickly
Worked in multiple fields; expanded knowledge
Company car; with service and gas. (Even for non-work related trips!)
Assisted in tuition when returning to school
Worked my way up from the bottom to Regional manager w/o degree.
Great benefits and perks (free laptop, cell phone, ect)
Awesome pay for someone with no degree (110k+/year)

Cons

Work long hours sometimes
"On call" 24/7
Had 1 rude boss (out of many)
Hard work sometimes (nothing an overweight 45 year old can't do!)

Keep up the great work. It's hard to find a company that takes care of its employees like Aramark does! We all appreciate that y'all understand that a happy work base creates more long term profits!

reviews filtered by
  1. Is a good job for food service when in college.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Toledo, OH

I worked at ARAMARK part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people that you work with are really good and there is a sense of community within the workers. Retail managers are there to help and endorse corporate policy of course.

Cons

Old systems, intense regulation, very busy if you are working in their university campus locations.

Listen to your employees and their concerns more.

2. the management team NEVER did the right thing when it came to there employees what so ever

Former Employee - Cashier/Baker in Moline, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Baker in Moline, IL

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best thing working for Aramark was that you worked Mon-Fri you had paid vacations , paid holidays, they offered insurance. But there were never incentives or any recognition in the things that you did well on. As far as promotions no that didn't happen as well. Working in a John Deere facility was a great opportunity to meet some awesome caring, great people. I will say that I enjoyed working there up until my last year of service . Many workers can not say that they enjoy going to work but I did up until my last year with that company.

Cons

it was a fast paced environment and you had little time to tear down and be prepared for the lunch crowd but that's what made the job fun and exciting some times overwhelming but over all working for the John Deere facilities was a great experience to me. The management team that Aramark has running the John Deere facilities is not in any way for the employees they have no compassion nor any management training to deal with the issues that there employees bring to there attention they are heartless, mean, one sided. It is very sad that a company that large makes your life so horrible that you end up leaving the job that you have dedicated a decade of your life to , to walk away and loose all the time and effort that you put into your job due to VERY POOR MANAGEMENT.

I believe that when you as an employee are given the hand book of rules and regulations I feel that that company should stand behind there word. I feel that if you take the right steps of management levels of concerns to them like you are told they then should take the right steps to solve the issue any employee has whether the issue is small or big. I have had my share of being wrongfully accused by management and in my case that there has left a bad taste in my mouth. I gave 10 plus some years of my life to this company with a perfect work attendance to quitting a fulltime job that I loved because of harassment of the management team.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK