There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

I've enjoyed working with the people but the work life balance is horrible.

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Aramark is large company and you can move anywhere with them and can be promoted easily. The medical, and vacation benefits are great.

Cons

There is a disconnect with the corporate office and the field. The salaries are very low. The saying is- you have to quit and then come back to get a better salary. The work-life balance is horrible, they continue to want more and more of out of the teams and do not deliver in the compensation. Communication on new processes is confusing and majority of the time inaccurate.

Advice to Management

Slow down and communicate thoroughly and accurate information. Pay your current employs well and maybe turnover would decrease.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Dining services at a University.

Former Employee - Food Service Worker
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker

I worked at ARAMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gave me the opportunity to work with fellow peers/classmates. Flexible hours and schedule. Free meals.

Cons

Not always the most effective managers or student supervisors. Felt some of them were very arrogant. Not much in terms of leadership roles. Required safety meetings generally a waste of time.

Maybe it's only in my location.....

Current Employee - Food Prep, Cook, Server, Cashier in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Food Prep, Cook, Server, Cashier in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm searching my memory banks to think of some pros but I cannot come up with anything. The only good things about the job are the clients and my coworkers. They are awesome and friendly and great teachers for someone who started with no kitchen experience a couple of years ago. However, these are not a result of Aramark. These people could be in any location in any company and I would love them still.

Cons

The immediate management has no clue as to what the day to day duties of the employees are. They berate and harass us, but have never tried to help. They claim to care about the employees but only ever ridicule us and look out for themselves. Above all, the compensation for the amount of work is horrible. With only a 2% annual raise, the amount of work and extra stress put on us by management is not worth it. Oh and I should mention the 2% annual raise is BASED ON MERIT!! In other words, if they can think of any reason whatsoever to not give you the raise, they will do it. I watched a coworker get his raise rejected because he didn't possess the necessary knife skills.....but this man almost never needed a knife for his position!

Advice to Management

Learn to deal with employees personally. Ask questions rather than jump to conclusions and take time to learn the positions so you know what the employees go through on a daily basis.