ARAMARK

www.aramark.com

ARAMARK is the best place I have worked

Current Employee - FLM
Current Employee - FLM

Pros

I am a FLM with ARAMARK and I have never had a job where my boss created a enviornment of trust and openness. My boss is also ver work/home life oriented. HE always says that we cannot be good leaders at work if we are not good leaders at home. He is very knowledgeable of the bussinss and is always helping us "win" at what ever we set out to do! I have worked in the restaurant business for 10+ years and this is best job I have ever had, hands down. I would be glad to argue with anyone that thinks diffrently!

Cons

Wish they paid more ande paid more of our benifits. The insurance is evpensive and the salaries are competitive, but the job is very demaning. I have to say that ARAMARK could stand to spread the welth wiht all employees. I know their wallets are deep and that they can affors to pay more. AS far as the benifits go they are great, but the are very expensive. Good 401k and Vacation/PTO options. Again, I love working for ARAMARK and would never look to go anywhere else, but I have had several offers from campitional companied to leave ARAMARK and come to work for them for moer $$, just something to think about and I am sure that I am not the only one!

Keep up the good work

Other reviews for ARAMARK

Micro-Manage Me Please

Pros

You get great employee discounts.

Cons

The corporate structure that requires many levels of "approval" make it challenging to make decisions or changes on a local level. In my division there are as many managers as their are front line employees. This creates a situation where managers spend most of their time micro-managing employees to justify their roles as managers. The micro-managing discourages employees from thinking on their own.

Another disadvantage is that in order to advance within ARAMARK, you must follow a pre-set career path within the company. As an individual with more education and professional experience than those who manage him, I am frustrated. Since I hired in at a position that was below my skill level, I would have to wait several years to get back to the same career level that I was at before taking this position. During the interview process, professional growth and advancement was stressed as being an enormous opportunity. Due to this "opportunity" I was willing to take a position below my skill and pay level due to the "opportunity" for advancement. Now that I have been with the company for about 6 months, I am aware of the fact that it would take years to get back to the same level that I was at with my previous employer. This is very disheartening. I took a paycut in order to have the ARAMARK "opportunity" to advance. I'm not going to wait several years just to move into a mid level management position. I regret my decision to join ARAMARK for this very reason. I will be leaving within a year.

The ratio of mid level managers to those they manage should be re-evaluated. To have a manager for every 2 to 3 employees is a bit much. You should hire employees with talent and drive who do not need to be micro-managed by numerous layers of managers.

If you enjoy sports and entertainment, then Aramark is for you.

Current Employee - Concessions Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Concessions Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

First and foremost is that if you enjoy sports and entertainment, you are surrounded by it on an almost daily basis. Usually when you don't have events, it is typically a Monday through Friday 10-5, sometimes 10-4. The thing that I enjoy most is some of the things that I have been able to be a part of i.e. The Democratic National Convention, The World Series, and great concert after great concert.

Cons

It can be very long hours at times, and somewhat stressful, but I worked in hotels previous to Aramark, and hotels were longer hours and more stress. Also, your typical hourly concessions worker is usually not cream of the crop in the marketplace, so you have a lot of employee issues that need to be dealt with.

Bonuses should be given a little more regurlarly.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!