ARAMARK

www.aramark.com
  www.aramark.com
There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

Horrible, but I make my own schedule and thats hard to do as a college student

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

They work with your school schedule. They try to complain but they cant because Im a student. They always threaten to fire you but it never happens

Cons

They decide the hire the most ghetto people from the neighborhood around my school. the pay is horrible and the raises are crap. Everyone who came in AFTER me makes more than me and since my pay was 7.25 before min wage was raised....they gave me a .15 cent raise....but everyone hired recently (including students) make 8.25

give raises based off experience and not of when someone was hired because you will lose alot of people with that

731 Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK (View Most Recent)

HUGE Disappointment

Former Employee - Human Resources in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

Coworkers nice, good benefits and, overall, interesting work.

Cons

Management has NO idea what they are doing. They also did corporate layoffs in November yet did not tell the employees this would happen. As a result, there was much tension and upset by current employees surrounded by others being let go one by one in the corporate tower. Management in HR did not get there by skills or education. They are incompetent and it seems that diversity is key to holding a position there. Know the right people at the right time and don't worry whether you have a PHR, SPHR or higher education degree because that is not what will help you land a job the further up you go. Extremely dissatisfying and a waste of time if you are a hard working person who wants to advance based on merit and skills.

Look at your HR corporate management team. How many of them are truly qualified for the job? Most of the time I found the higher up you go, (band 5+), the more the HR management team would be on coffee breaks, pretending they were busy behind closed doors or, better yet, they were "working from home." You are losing valuable talent that is vital to the success of this organization. Need new, fresh ideas and not corporate BS.

ARAMAKR is forward thinking and a Studer base organization

Current Employee - District Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - District Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

i-impact, fully deployed mission, vision and values throughout the organization, a service organization where peak performance is expected everyday, Opx

Cons

Assignments are contracted. However, if you always perform in exceeding customer expectations then you have job security.

Keep doing what you are doing. Always look to the future and allow all the staff know that vision as you already do.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK