ARAMARK Schools

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK Schools

Ok, but could be better

Current Employee - Cook in Carpentersville, IL
Current Employee - Cook in Carpentersville, IL

I have been working at ARAMARK Schools full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This employer is part of a larger company with many other accounts. This fosters the potential for promotion. There are small, close-knit staffs within the individual kitchens. Many staff members have years of experience and knowledge to learn from. Upper management is polite and seems to have the best interests in mind. Aramark gives annual cost of living raises.

Cons

I had hoped for more opportunities to advance, but this may also be due to the economy. Hours have been cut, but the workload has increased. I had expected more formal training to trickle down from the corporate level. For example new HACCP worksheets were introduced. The only information distributed with them was a sheet of written instructions. A simple example of a filled out form would have helped.

The use pf more bi-lingual documentation and media would help make our Hispanic coworkers feel more included. The system for raises punishes those who receive disciplinary action, but it does not encourage/reward behaviors that go above and beyond the basic expectations/have greater work loads. Regular employee recognition would also be beneficial (i.e. on birthdays).

41 Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK Schools (View Most Recent)

Overall a good company - individual managers vary widely

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK Schools full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Well established, stable company. Benefits are decent though not great. Company will contribute to pay some college expenses for both undergraduate and graduate degrees.

Cons

Your experience really depends on your immediate manager. My last manager consistently and consciously kept our team severely understaffed to make himself look like a hero. This, of course, resulted in 80+ hour workweeks for at least half the year and 60 hour weeks the other half. However, I have also experience very good and considerate managers there who wouldn't allow this type of situation to occur or would have corrected it properly by hiring additional staff rather than pushing the staff he had to the breaking point and then punishing them when they were too stressed out to keep a fake smile plastered on their face so the truth about him wouldn't come out.

"People are our greatest asset" shouldn't be an empty buzz phrase.

Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Janitor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Janitor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK Schools full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learn management skills, interact with people, work on a team. I liked the year-round work. Any job that will help me get the benefits I need are very important.

Cons

lots of manual labor, occasionally feels as if I am on my own while I am working. After all, who likes cleaning gum off the bottom of school tables?

More support for the people who are on the ground. the disconnect between ARAMARK tower and a school cafeteria is much too great to be effective.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK Schools