ARAMARK Schools

www.aramarkschools.com

Ok, but could be better

Cook (Current Employee) Carpentersville, IL

ProsThis employer is part of a larger company with many other accounts. This fosters the potential for promotion. There are small, close-knit staffs within the individual kitchens. Many staff members have years of experience and knowledge to learn from. Upper management is polite and seems to have the best interests in mind. Aramark gives annual cost of living raises.

ConsI had hoped for more opportunities to advance, but this may also be due to the economy. Hours have been cut, but the workload has increased. I had expected more formal training to trickle down from the corporate level. For example new HACCP worksheets were introduced. The only information distributed with them was a sheet of written instructions. A simple example of a filled out form would have helped.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe use pf more bi-lingual documentation and media would help make our Hispanic coworkers feel more included. The system for raises punishes those who receive disciplinary action, but it does not encourage/reward behaviors that go above and beyond the basic expectations/have greater work loads. Regular employee recognition would also be beneficial (i.e. on birthdays).

Overall a good company - individual managers vary widely

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Well established, stable company. Benefits are decent though not great. Company will… Cons: Your experience really depends on your immediate manager. My last manager consistently and consciously kept our team severely understaffed to make himself look like a… Advice to Senior Management: "People are our greatest asset" shouldn't be an empty buzz… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a bad place to work

Janitor (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros: Learn management skills, interact with people, work on a team. I liked the year-round… Cons: lots of manual labor, occasionally feels as if I am on my own while… Advice to Senior Management: More support for the people who are on the ground. the disconnect between… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ARAMARK Schools.

Worked for ARAMARK Schools? Contribute to the Community!