ARCADIS US

www.arcadis-us.com

I'm glad I don't work at Arcadis anymore!

Former Employee - Scientist
Former Employee - Scientist

Pros

There are some really bright and professional people at Arcadis. I got to work with a few for a short period of time. Unfortunately, most of my time there was spent dealing with the bad apples from top to bottom.

Cons

Office politics, backstabbing, very poor management

Promoting incompetence is not a long-term strategy for success.

Other reviews for ARCADIS US

Internal advancement opportunities promoted by company are way overrated

Pros

majority of people give their best for the client and project; company has global reach with its services and locations; plenty of potential for company to coalesce in coming year(s) to be a more effective and enjoyable consulting firm to work for

Cons

competing business models through the U.S. and globally; awful information systems (think early 2000's) and processes; upper management that protects its ranks and avoid bringing new talent into the inner circle; be prepared for the every 18 to 24 layoff cycle; you can be intentionally or unintentionally kept out of projects or programs therefore not enough billable hours for you to survive.

BCG reorganized the European OpCos - maybe it is time to consider same for AUS.

Not the job for those with a family!

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer

Pros

I'm a former Malcolm Pirnie employee and was very content and satisfied with my career until the firm got bought out by ARCADIS. I chose to go to work for Pirnie 11 years ago because of the company culture and the value they placed on their employees. All this has changed and I'm now seeking other employment.

Cons

Constant pressure to maintain billability, including working overtime in order to get in your non-billable work. Very little training, guidance, leadership when taking on new responsibilities. Expectation that you need to learn anything new on your "own time". Not possible to work 32-hours a week. No value placed on retaining the best people. Bottom line is all management cares about.

Treat people with more respect.

There are newer employer reviews for ARCADIS US.

Worked for ARCADIS US? Contribute to the Community!