Good for a hard worker

Current Employee - Marketing Engineer
Current Employee - Marketing Engineer

Pros

There are great amounts of growth in this industry. It is great to be in a field where I know going to work eveyr day I will continue to have a job. Job security is important especially in this economy where all of my friends are getting laid off in many fields in different industries. Areva is growing in every way. It is great to get your foot in the door and get ahead of the hiring rush. They compensate you very fair. I earn more than my peers in other fields. If you like travel, the job is a definite plus too.

Cons

I work very long hours for weeks on end. Many weeks are more than 60 hours. You need to be well disciplined to put in this much work and keep your personal life in order. Working this much and travelling so much makes a marriage and family difficult. Many people divorce because of the stress and high workload. If you are family oriented it may be best to stay away from this line of work as you will probably burn out. Benefits are so so in my opinion. I think they could be better. The pay is good, but benefits are very important too.

Advice to Management

Reduce the workload per person

Other Employee Reviews for AREVA

Good place to work.

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Lynchburg, VA

Pros

Strong company, good people, good reputation.

Cons

French influence in day-to-day operations repressive. Excessive bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

Remember what made the company successful.

2. The Nuclear Renaissance is happening!

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC

Pros

The Nuclear Renaissance is happening! There is a slight slow down on new plants due to the current world Economy but there is plenty of exisiting plant business until things get back on track. AREVA has (7) new builds (EPR Reactor) planned in the US. AREVA is the ONLY manufacturer in the world currently building GEN III+ reactors (Finland, France and China although Westinghouse recently broke gournd in China with their AP1000). AREVA is the largest supplier of equipment & services to the commercial nuclear industry in the world. Much bigger than Westinghouse globably and somewhat bigger in the US. People fail to realize this. We are in over 20 states with 5000+ people.

Cons

Typical large company issues at AREVA.

Advice to Management

Put more $$$ in sales and marketing.