AREVA

www.areva.com

Good for a hard worker

Marketing Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThere are great amounts of growth in this industry. It is great to be in a field where I know going to work eveyr day I will continue to have a job. Job security is important especially in this economy where all of my friends are getting laid off in many fields in different industries. Areva is growing in every way. It is great to get your foot in the door and get ahead of the hiring rush.

They compensate you very fair. I earn more than my peers in other fields.

If you like travel, the job is a definite plus too.

ConsI work very long hours for weeks on end. Many weeks are more than 60 hours. You need to be well disciplined to put in this much work and keep your personal life in order.

Working this much and travelling so much makes a marriage and family difficult. Many people divorce because of the stress and high workload. If you are family oriented it may be best to stay away from this line of work as you will probably burn out.

Benefits are so so in my opinion. I think they could be better. The pay is good, but benefits are very important too.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the workload per person

Good place to work.

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Lynchburg, VA

I worked at AREVA

Pros: Strong company, good people, good reputation. Cons: French influence in day-to-day operations repressive. Excessive bureaucracy. Advice to Senior Management: Remember what made the company successful. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The Nuclear Renaissance is happening!

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AREVA

Pros: The Nuclear Renaissance is happening! There is a slight slow down on new plants due to the current world Economy but there is plenty… Cons: Typical large company issues at AREVA. Advice to Senior Management: Put more $$$ in sales and marketing. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AREVA.

Worked for AREVA? Contribute to the Community!