There are newer employer reviews for AREVA

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Aiken, SC
Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Aiken, SC

I have been working at AREVA

Pros

AREVA treats their employees like family. They take care of us and make us feel like we're wanted. While other companies are cutting raises and bonuses, AREVA provides that and other extras such as a $50 grocery gift card at Thanksgiving. It's the little things that count. New hires also get 3 weeks of vacation to begin with.

Cons

Can't go into a negative sick time balance, which really hurts when you get sick early in the year. The alternative is to take vacation.

Advice to Management

AREVA is great! I don't have many complaints, but you guys seem to take notice and solve problems within the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good for a hard worker

Current Employee - Marketing Engineer
    Current Employee - Marketing Engineer

I have been working at AREVA

Pros

There are great amounts of growth in this industry. It is great to be in a field where I know going to work eveyr day I will continue to have a job. Job security is important especially in this economy where all of my friends are getting laid off in many fields in different industries. Areva is growing in every way. It is great to get your foot in the door and get ahead of the hiring rush.

They compensate you very fair. I earn more than my peers in other fields.

If you like travel, the job is a definite plus too.

Cons

I work very long hours for weeks on end. Many weeks are more than 60 hours. You need to be well disciplined to put in this much work and keep your personal life in order.

Working this much and travelling so much makes a marriage and family difficult. Many people divorce because of the stress and high workload. If you are family oriented it may be best to stay away from this line of work as you will probably burn out.

Benefits are so so in my opinion. I think they could be better. The pay is good, but benefits are very important too.

Advice to Management

Reduce the workload per person

Good place to work.

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at AREVA

Pros

Strong company, good people, good reputation.

Cons

French influence in day-to-day operations repressive. Excessive bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

Remember what made the company successful.

There are newer employer reviews for AREVA