ARINC

www.arinc.com
  www.arinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for ARINC

If you ant to advance, you had best pucker up.

I have been working at ARINC

Pros

ARINC is a worldwide company with far ranging jobs and positions for many levels of employee. With office all over the world you can't find a better international company to be interested in.

Cons

The only way to advance is through knowing someone in that division before applying. I believe eventhough this company is worldwide and international, ARINCs employee base does not represent this in its management or opportunities for advancement. Our new ownership could careless what our company does, besides bring them profits, which has affected retention of knowledgeable employees, employee work attitudes, and managements roles as professional leaders. Management does what they want and expects their workers to respect them. A total revamp of the advancement process and management and leadership training needs to be implemented at all levels of management so they can understand their shortcomings in being good leaders, at best.

Management needs leadership training. Most have a better than you attitude and have no idea of what a simple compliment can do to raise moral, which over the last decade, is at an all time low. Practice what you preach comes into mind.

67 Other Employee Reviews for ARINC (View Most Recent)

This is a white collar sweatshop. Lots of noncompensated overtime.

I have been working at ARINC

Pros

Good benefits, age based retirement company contributions. Well known and respected. Able to compete with large integrators like Lockheed, Boeing, Northrop Grumman. Small company culture but solid ISO 9000 and AS9100 processes.

Cons

The Carlyle Group will be the death of this company. Talented people are leaving the company in droves. It's really sad to see what's happening with the culture. John Belcher, CEO, wanted to take the company public and allowed the Carlyle to buy the company in a leveraged buy out. Despite paying off the debt, Carlyle has done nothing positive for the company. I thought I'd be with this company until retirement, but I see little future here unless Carlyle sells to a company that will make a commitment to growth.

Great technologies, too much internal politics

I worked at ARINC

Pros

Very good technologies, with a lot of potential. ARINC gave me an opportunity to develop know how and skills necessary to handle airport complex IT projects

Cons

BEsides the above, there is too much internal politics, which negatively affect emplyees morale. Not so much space for self development and no perspectives of a decent career path, even after successful delivery of a very complex airport project.

Respect your emplyees and reward them for doing a good job. Stop demanding more for less money - you will only discourage talented people and force them go elsewhere

There are newer employer reviews for ARINC