There are newer employer reviews for ARINC

Great Place To Work!

I have been working at ARINC

Pros

Great atmosphere, coworkers, hours, and benefits!

Cons

Nothing to complain about now.

Keep up the good work

66 Other Employee Reviews for ARINC (View Most Recent)

Executive management disgraceful

Former Employee - Senior Director
    Former Employee - Senior Director

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- 70+ year history of corporate pride and accomplishment (except for last several)
    - Career diversity and some great employees still remaining

Cons

- Executive management unethical and motivated only by self interest.
    - Catastrophic loss of 10+ year employees last several years and steep decline in business and moral
    - Nepotism throughout upper management
    - Many of the strongest leaders and leadership candidates no longer with company
    - Future unknown as company needs to rebuild from the top down

Retire!

It's time for some management changes

Former Employee - Principal Engineer  in  Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Annapolis, MD

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Commuting can be very pleasant if you live on this side of MD. Some departments are better to work in. At least so I'm told.

2) Flexible hours. Alternative Work Schedule (AWS)

Cons

ARINC is currently waiting for a buyer, and it seems like the only employees that are hanging around are the ones that were just hired and/or the ones that still draw a pension. Here is what I observed in my time there:

1) Nepotism - : favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship
    This is ramped at ARINC. You will most likely not have a good career advancement due to this practice. Many employees (family members) are getting positions they are not qualified for. It has completely undermined the moral.

2) Signs of Corporate Pathology? - I've found that many (expensive) decisions are made based on private personal agendas no matter if it's good for the company or not. In my department as an example, the clients weren't even consulted on buy in for major changes to make sure they were ok with the ongoing cost.

3) Work Place Diversity - I also noticed there are VERY FEW minorities in leadership roles. I have not seen this to this extent in other work environments. I just thought it might be worth mentioning.

4) No Management Meetings - The employees NEVER get updates with management on what's going on. No management meetings with the employees, performance goals and bonus have diminished to non-existent for those that are on the front line and are reserved for the middle to upper managers.

5) Uneven Workload - I frequently ran into situations where there is one employee that is doing the majority of the work in their departments. When that employee is out, there are severe gaps in the productivity due to the single threaded nature of the organization.

6) Frequent re-organizations - It seems to be about 1 to 2 re-orgs per year. The entire department anxiously awaits to see who your new boss will be for that part of the year to see how your ongoing projects are affected.

Properly train the staff OR hire competent managers to lead the organization's department. I'd most likely favor the latter. Stop the nepotism. It's really tearing the company apart. It's no secret that investing in good people will take the company further in the long run. ARINC seems to not understand that, or just plain doesn't care anymore! Many of the CONS has grown from inexperienced management.

There are newer employer reviews for ARINC

Worked for ARINC? Contribute to the Community!