Was ok

I worked at ARINC

Pros

Benefits, Flexible hours with alternative work schedule. Cafeteria. Good location.

Cons

Nepotism
Managers have favorites they share information with.
HR is not truthful

Advice to Management

Be fair to and honest to all employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. nice co-workers, horrid bosses and management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I worked at ARINC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with some very nice people, and made a couple of friends that will be friends for life.

Cons

the management lies, HR lies, some of the people are just horrid, and oh, by the way, the good old boy network is the ONLY way to move up in the company. If you aren't part of their little clique, forget it. If you are, who cares if you are qualified for the job! Pass over the qualified people, and give the job to the pet. I have never seen such a thing in a large company. In a small family company, sure, you can get away with that, but in a large corporation, there are supposed to be rules against that.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the incompetent managers. Pay attention when problems are brought to your attention - don't fire the people that tell you about it and hope the problem goes away.

2. Sr. Staff Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer

I have been working at ARINC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The majority of people I have worked with are extremely bright and very personable. The benefits are actually pretty good here compared to other places I have worked. Management is pretty flexible with taking time off.

Cons

The company was purchased by a company who has sold off a portion of the company and is planning to sell the remaining portion very soon. They have squeezed the company dry and have not invested anything. There is an air of uncertainty about the future at the time I am writing this review.

Advice to Management

Management needs to better communicate with its employees. I should not have to find out about the important changes via word of mouth from other employees. Even my direct supervisor is kept in the dark about many things.