There are newer employer reviews for ARINC

nice co-workers, horrid bosses and management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I worked at ARINC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked with some very nice people, and made a couple of friends that will be friends for life.

Cons

the management lies, HR lies, some of the people are just horrid, and oh, by the way, the good old boy network is the ONLY way to move up in the company. If you aren't part of their little clique, forget it. If you are, who cares if you are qualified for the job! Pass over the qualified people, and give the job to the pet. I have never seen such a thing in a large company. In a small family company, sure, you can get away with that, but in a large corporation, there are supposed to be rules against that.

Get rid of the incompetent managers. Pay attention when problems are brought to your attention - don't fire the people that tell you about it and hope the problem goes away.

reviews filtered by
  1. Sr. Staff Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer

I have been working at ARINC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The majority of people I have worked with are extremely bright and very personable. The benefits are actually pretty good here compared to other places I have worked. Management is pretty flexible with taking time off.

Cons

The company was purchased by a company who has sold off a portion of the company and is planning to sell the remaining portion very soon. They have squeezed the company dry and have not invested anything. There is an air of uncertainty about the future at the time I am writing this review.

Management needs to better communicate with its employees. I should not have to find out about the important changes via word of mouth from other employees. Even my direct supervisor is kept in the dark about many things.

2. Maybe RC will make it better - but it does not look like it will happen anytime soon

Current Contractor - Senior Manager in Annapolis, MD
    Current Contractor - Senior Manager in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at ARINC as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Nice location and still some very good people remain
    Some areas have exciting projects
    Alternate work schedule (AWS) to get every other Friday off
    decent pay for the area

Cons

Too many to list......
    cash sucked out by by Carlyle
    morale very low
    too many employees making more than their market value (as new employee you will be frustrated by this)
    everyone in a wait and see approach for what Rockwell Collins will do, so no one working
    AWS abused to the point no work happens on Fridays
    service/products, having had no capital investment the past 6yrs, are suffering.

get out - take your 'parachutes' and go
    give back to the world and stop gaining at the expense of others.

There are newer employer reviews for ARINC