An ARINC Career Experience

Former Employee - Senior Staff Analyst
Former Employee - Senior Staff Analyst

I worked at ARINC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great People, great benefits and great atmosphere with a competitive salary. Able to interface with a variety of customers that appreciated our work and were not afraid to express it to us and ARINC

Cons

Not having the ability to interface with the customer as a cognizant team in all situations.

Advice to Management

Prepare positions for transitioning employees when contracts are depleated

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I loved working for ARINC

Former Employee - Program Manager in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Annapolis, MD

I worked at ARINC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The mission was important, the work significant, and opportunities to try different departments was encouraged.

Cons

The sense of community that existed dissipated with the many lay-offs.

If you can bear the toxic environment, the experience gained from ARINC is decent on a résumé.

I worked at ARINC full-time

Pros

Fast-paced projects with ever-changing technologies along with difficult personalities allowed me to understand my ability to persevere through almost anything. Customers made the job rewarding when they were satisfied with the progression or results of a project. The fact that you have to pick up so many responsibilities along the way really pad your résumé for a more fulfilling career elsewhere.

Cons

Satellite locations do not operate within the same guidelines as the corporate headquarters, meaning HR presence or policies are virtually non-existent. This results in employees not able to report to HR without fear of a hostile work environment, thus being abused without any repercussions.

There is a lot of sexual harassment and sexist views that make an uncomfortable environment for women. General bullying is rampant and felt as if it were rewarded since it often came from a huge amount of program managers and general upper management.

Long hours are expected and seldom rewarded or acknowledged. Satellite locations have had lay-offs as recent as mid-2013 and the general environment seems to be shaky.

Advice to Management

Require HR presence in all satellite locations and general ethics/management classes for managers (or a formal orientation) run by HR staff. Follow up with HR policies regularly.

Be more transparent about the culture and expectation of extended hours (along with the difficult personalities).