There are newer employer reviews for ARRIS

Not terrible nor exciting, just wanted something more.

Former Contractor - Embedded Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Former Contractor - Embedded Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at ARRIS as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Fairly stable, even when the name on the door changed three times, from Motorola to Google, then to Arris. The worker bees were usually not affected. * If you like to stay active, the San Diego campus offers a decent gym with showers and towel service. A good game of basketball, soccer or ultimate frisbee are played throughout the week. * On site cafeteria. * The treatment of contractors is by far the best I've seen, we were able to use all the facilities, par take in group activities and attend major company events. * flex time, most either came in very early or late depending on their traffic conditions. * I was a contractor and the rates are pretty good; 70/hr.

Cons

* Not a lot of diversity in age, most of the staff were in their late 40's to mid 50s or retiring. * There is a plateau that is easily reached within a few years of working on projects, afterwards people become very comfortable in their roles. * Lots of middle management. * Projects are faily micromanaged, I can't speak for all groups though. * There are long periods of drought, literally 2-3 weeks at a time where there is nothing to do or one baby sits a minor bug until something else comes along.

Advice to Management

* streamline projects, the democratic process of having everyone agree on a change or proposal lingers and adds weeks to a schedule.

Other Employee Reviews for ARRIS

Good , could be better

I have been working at ARRIS full-time

Pros

Interesting technical challenges, helpful people, smart developers and QA engineers

Cons

Understaffed, head count expansion occurs overseas most of the time, where as issues are worked on in the US.

Advice to Management

Add resources where needed, a total headcount never paints the whole picture

ARRIS Response

Jul 9, 2014 – Director of HR, TA

Thank you for your candid feedback we appreciate it. We appreciate your optimism and are always looking for ways to improve.

2. Relax, laid-back work environment. good benefits for full-time employment

Current Employee - Accounting in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at ARRIS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flex hours, nice people. result-oriented

Cons

Innovation on Technology, but not so innovated on management and marketing.

Advice to Management

as one of the biggest company in industry, Arris should put more efforts on marketing and advertisement.

ARRIS Response

Jul 9, 2014 – Director of HR, TA

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are always looking for ways to improve and we value your honest comments.