ASRC Research & Technology Solutions

Add Review

Great Intern experience

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at ASRC Research & Technology Solutions as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and a great mentor helped me get up to speed in the professional world. Incredibly valuable work experience.

Cons

Opportunities are scattered geographically and occupationally so there is potential you will not find what you're looking for.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company that sincerely cares about all of its employees and wants to do the best they can within their scope.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ASRC Research & Technology Solutions

Pros

Looks out for best interest of employees. Wanting to and willing to make changes as they are able. Big company with small company atmosphere. Constantly looking for new and better ways to do business and evolve for the better.

Cons

For employees onsite at an government agency it is hard for ARTS to implement or affect change. Sometimes they are limited in practices because of government restrictions. Not their fault, but it adds a layer of challenge.

2. Smallish company, giant beaurocracy

I have been working at ASRC Research & Technology Solutions

Pros

The people you work with will likely be awesome

Cons

Low pay for the position, distant/non-existent managers/supervisors, endless political games, promised advancement opportunities that never materialize due to those endless political games. I have worked for this company for almost 5 years under 2 different supervisors, one a complete moron and the other who I've met maybe twice. After almost 5 years, the pitiful "raises" they have given me have amounted to just under a dollar more than when I started, and any discussions of further or larger raises due to added responsibilities are met with an attitude similar to "sorry, not sorry. at least you still have a job."

Advice to Management

Pay your people better. Get supervisors that aren't completely inaccessible. Don't let your sub-contractors run your employees ragged.