AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

A great company to work for???

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

challenging work available in growing parts of the business

Cons

politics and favoritism, constant layoffs, poor management skills in younger hires, age discrimination

provide opportunities for upward movement to workers in lower level jobs. Many talented and well educated managers are overlooked because of age and have much better management skills, decision making skills and people skills than those currently in higher positions

6232 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

A pleasant place that kowtows to corporate culture.

Former Employee - Staff Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Staff Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at AT&T

Pros

I took the job because the salary was pretty good and it was a nice working environment. There were a lot of perks, such as on-site dry cleaning, a gym, a cafeteria, and a card store. I enjoyed everyone's professionalism, and we still had fun. Pretty good benefits. Despite all the turmoil the industry went through in the last few decades, AT&T was always a top company and I was proud to work there. It practically defined this area of NJ for years. Spending was lavish in boom years, and bonuses were very nice. I was able to buy a house.

Cons

Extremely corporate culture. I was used to working at much smaller, more casual places. I couldn't get used to how long it took things to happen. Tons of red tape. It took me over two months to get hired in the first place. Everything had to pass through multiple levels of approval. I also disliked the big fuss the company made about being family friendly, but then I could not get the job-sharing situation I asked for even though I had a willing partner who knew my duties. Only on the day that I resigned was I offered a part-time option, which I refused.

Don't obfuscate real issues. I worked in employee communications during the time the company was offering buyout packages to avoid layoffs. There was a lot of double speak.

Ralph De LA Vega is Stupid!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Money and the benefits the union seems like they really have tried tomake it better for us Vacaion policy is great the training is good the products we sell like the iphone are awesome.

Cons

They raise the quotas at what time christmas! so instead of being excited about the money i can make during the holiday season they make it impossible to making money. Everything is blown out of proportion if you do anything they feel is wrong its a write up its ridiculous and the stupid aircard they count towards your features and accessories per opp what the heck am I supposed to sell with a wireless card? NOTHING!!!!

Quit being so greedy and keep the goals reasonable its to the point where if a sale doesnt light up the metrics i have to turn it away.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T