AT&T

Great benefits, terrible management

Former Employee - Business Sales in Bellaire, TX
Former Employee - Business Sales in Bellaire, TX

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Benefits - health, phone, computer, etc.
Schedule (outside of Retail)
Base Salary is fair

Cons

Commission changes dramatically and often
The company is so big it is hard to get anything accomplished of significance
Very political, it is a "good ole boys" network

Connect better with the needs of your sales people. We are the ones on the front line and know more about what the customers want than anyone else.

6801 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Great pay but VERY stressful

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Pay, health and dental Benifits, and union for non mngmt

Cons

Way too much pressure for sales goals and customer survays

Glad I Don't Work There Anymore....

Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Benefits, good training program, as well as plenty of training. Gained valuable skills, knowledge and experience that I will be taking with me to my new job with a competitor.

Cons

Limited growth, no professional development or encouragement to move out of store level. Career store and assistant managers, promotions often based on politics. Area managers are the biggest bunch of blowhards that do nothing to inspire, teach, or lead their teams. They set unachievable store goals which vary depending on which store managers they like best. Area managers are alos rude and condescending when speaking to hourly associates. Area managers do not support store managers, but expect them to do their dirty work. Inconsistency in corporate communications, chaotic sense of urgency, everyday was a fire drill.

Recognize talent and experience, promote based on those characteristics. How about creating a pay plan that would actually allow employees to make money? Setting crazy high goals that no one is reaching only serves to create resentment and frustration. Goals should adjust with current conditions. Static goals created by people who are never in the stores are not realistic. Show respect to employees. Learn their names or even how to spell them correctly on certificates and awards. (Kind of makes the award pointless, don't you think?) Don't put all your eggs in one basket with T-Mobile merger, if it doesn't happen, the store level associates will be the ones that will be expected to sell more. Don't tell store level associates not to sell the iPhone because the company doesn't make enough money on them.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T