AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

My experience at AT&T was stressful and unforgiving. I was shown no appreciation for the performance goals I reached.

Current Employee - Customer Assistant (Call Center) in Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - Customer Assistant (Call Center) in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good if you're young and have no kids, or anything that will keep you from missing work. You get good med/dental/vision/life benefits as soon as you start working. The phone plan discounts aren't much of a perk because its monitored.

Cons

AT&T is the most unethical company I have ever worked for, working as a customer assistant for their Broadband Internet Service. They tack on more and more job duties to your position for so little pay. Your job performance can not be lacking or they will put you on an action plan (e.g. steps you will take to make monthly goal or you will not have a job). AT&T does not tolerate being late or absences. They don't care if you have kids or not. You will be required to work the needs of the business or you will not have a job. You cannot have a family/life and work there. If you are going to school they will not excuse you for anytime off. The environment can be very stressful, working long hours and being very micro-managed. It is a high-school atmosphere where people gossip and can not be trusted, even management. They don't care about their employees, you are dispensable!

Managements' expectations for employees meeting monthly stats/goals set is unrealistic more than half the time. Before micro-managing and advising what I should have done alternatively during my customer call, make sure you know how to perform the duties of my position.

5933 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Job from hell with occasional encouragement

Current Employee - Media Manager in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Media Manager in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Benefits, cell phone allowance, discounts on UVerse and telephone service. Opportunity to help businesses succeed in a challenging economy with advertising.

Cons

Micro managed to death with cut thoat sales practices. Takes a long time for customer complaints to be resolved with fulfillment issues. Your reputation can be easily damaged in the business community if you are striving to be a sales professional. Declining advertising vehicle with print Yellow Pages and poor results with Internet products.

Hire people you trust; provide support versus managing by excel. Cut throat culture with daily numbers, shady practices and lack of teams working together. There is no passion to help customers and good employees have been chased out to work elsewhere.

Could be better

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

They are good with working with you about schedules for life events/dr. appointments. Pay and benefits are ok.

Cons

Having Corporate kool-aid poured down your throat 24/7 (aka net neutrally is bad, the t-mobile merger is good and will create jobs)

Less politics, I can think for myself. Also work on streamline policies, because the promotion process makes no sense at all.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T