There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Southwestern Bell was great, AT&T hopeless!

Current Employee - Technician in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Technician in Houston, TX

Pros

It's amazing that the blue collar workers which I will list as field technicians, testers, dispatchers, central office technicians and some first line managers are highly professional and customer orientated and a great bunch to work for. As a fifteen year employee the salary is above average and the health care packages have been one of the best with total care including medical, dental, vision and pharmacy.

Cons

AT&T upper management is money driven and are clueless to customer care. Daily conference calls are mostly about charts and grafts of field technicians performances to the micro-managed level which gives you a feeling of being a robot instead of an individual. First line managers are threatened with their jobs or ugly relocations if they do not conform to the numbers games, which appear to be tied to their bonuses that can be yanked at the end of the year. With technicians running around like crazy trying to make their numbers so they do not get written up, the poor customer ends up being held up for ransom.

Advice to Management

Spending millions on slick advertising is not an excuse to dig your hands deeper into customer pockets and not provide top notch service. Micro-managing and threatening your own employees, taking away benefits, cutting back jobs, laying off technicians and sending a signal to the field that no job is safe nor secure, while you squander billions on a bad T-Mobile deal will continue to make AT&T a soar place to do business with.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

Work Life Balance. What life?

Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Danbury, CT

Pros

AT&T offers job security and a free cell phone paid for by the company. That's it.

Cons

Poor pay. Absolutely no work life balance. Corporate dictates that SSR's have to work every evening and weekend. There was absolutely no flexibility. Your given many of the Assistant Managers duties, but no extra compensation. It's kind of like working for the "woman haters club." At least at this particular location.

Advice to Management

Have some consideration for your employees work life balance. The excuse "it's retail" doesn't cut it. There are many retail locations that still respect their employees work life balance. AT&T does NOTHING to support such a vital aspect of an individuals job.

We all had to bleed for our paychecks.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

Pros

The money was the only good thing about working for AT&T.

Cons

AT&T is the prime example of Corporate America. They are ruthless and cruel. So many of my co-workers went home night after night in tears. They raised the rates on customers after saying they wouldn't when they bought the baby bell companies. They closed most California offices down after saying that we would not lose our jobs when they bought us (Pacific Bell). They got around the monopoly laws via loop holes. They outsource to India, which hurts our economy and frustrates the customers. They are evil, and have destroyed so many lives, I hate them with a passion.

Advice to Management

Even If what I said could change something for the better, this is a company too big and powerful to care about feedback or advice.