AT&T

Pretty good mostly

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

-Great pay for the workload
-Paid training period with a sales ramp up
-Paid vacation with great benefits
-Constant incentives to win devices, tablets, tickets to sporting events.

Cons

-Advancement is often halted if your doing exemplary sales
-Large amount of nepotism, its pretty much impossible to earn your way up based on your sales metrics, you have to know someone and build relationships to get promoted
-The pay structure is adjusted every single year in april, and every single year it goes down for corporate retail sales reps.

Build your commission structure around the direction you want your sales reps going.
Stop the constant pay cuts that happen annually.
Promote from within, having an specific program in place solely used to bring in college graduates often with zero knowledge of the industry and technology for that matter to run your stores is a mostly a slap in the face to your employees. You should have enough confidence in the retail sector from the top down to train and develop internal talent.

6482 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Hard work, very high sales quotas, good pay if the stress doesn't get you.

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good pay, benefits, commission and overtime pay. Great employee union, CWA.

Cons

At times stressful, need good people skills for occasionally angry and difficult customers. Some days all I do is customer service, depending on "luck of the draw". Sales quotas are unreasonably high. Sometimes there are 12-14 different target quotas to be met, (phone accessories, insurance, home DSL, roadside assist, etc.) Every month I worried about getting a write-up for missing quotas. Expect to be micromanaged on sales floor.

Buyer beware!

Current Employee - AT&T Telephone Sales Representative in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - AT&T Telephone Sales Representative in Southfield, MI

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Steady work schedule so work life balance is great. Good benefits for the most part. Some managers seem to really want to help.

Cons

They haven't paid us correctly in over a year. The money is terrible! We are not fairly compensated (when we do get paid) for the work we do. Very high pressure sales which causes some unethical behavior in some reps. Chargebacks are crazy there are people currently working there that have been paying back chargebacks for YEARS and like I said, its mainly commission you live from because we only get paid minimum wage, but the commission structure is so terrible there are litraly several people that must get government assistance just to get by. This shouldn't be happening to highly qualified people that are working full time. Also paperwork is crazy confusing and time consuming and management doesn't even know how to get things done most times.

Save some paper by utilizing the computer systems you already have in place and pay us fairly (more) and correctly! Also market the products better and work on customer service. I have at least 3 people a day tell me how much they hate AT&T and how they will never do business with us again.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T