AT&T

www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Growth opportunities, high expectations, crippling attendance mandates

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Ocala, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Ocala, FL

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Advancement opportunities exist, the rules are clear if not reasonable, and most of the people in my work environment are pleasant to be around.

Cons

The attendance policy is so unreasonable that you may as well give up having a personal/family life, or any outside obligations. Sales expectations are growing increasingly ridiculous.

Learning to manage people includes making sure that you are sensitive to their needs, if not their wants. Respecting the balance between work and home will help guarantee greater productivity and enthusiasm from your employees.

6482 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Phenomenal at first, Terrible towards the end after restructuring.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at AT&T

Pros

The pay was great at first. The company came out and said that they need to put more money into creating a stronger network and that sacrifices must be made. Under the old pay structure reps were paid fairly for phones, accessories, and features.

Cons

Management was very shady in their business dealings. I caught a manager saying reps were absent more than they really were so they could not take off in the future. Management did not sit me down and talk about it, instead she said it was a mistake and fixed it. They also did not fully explain the new pay structure which caused almost a 15% deduction in yearly commission.

Just keep an open and honest environment.

Southwestern Bell was great, AT&T hopeless!

Current Employee - Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

It's amazing that the blue collar workers which I will list as field technicians, testers, dispatchers, central office technicians and some first line managers are highly professional and customer orientated and a great bunch to work for. As a fifteen year employee the salary is above average and the health care packages have been one of the best with total care including medical, dental, vision and pharmacy.

Cons

AT&T upper management is money driven and are clueless to customer care. Daily conference calls are mostly about charts and grafts of field technicians performances to the micro-managed level which gives you a feeling of being a robot instead of an individual. First line managers are threatened with their jobs or ugly relocations if they do not conform to the numbers games, which appear to be tied to their bonuses that can be yanked at the end of the year. With technicians running around like crazy trying to make their numbers so they do not get written up, the poor customer ends up being held up for ransom.

Spending millions on slick advertising is not an excuse to dig your hands deeper into customer pockets and not provide top notch service. Micro-managing and threatening your own employees, taking away benefits, cutting back jobs, laying off technicians and sending a signal to the field that no job is safe nor secure, while you squander billions on a bad T-Mobile deal will continue to make AT&T a soar place to do business with.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T