AT&T

www.att.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Was decent, now getting only worse and worse

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant New Jersey
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant New Jersey

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Free Work Phone(They give you a number BUT will take it away once you quit/fired/leave company
Good Benefits
Free shirts for work, you get it every six months
Lenient Dress Code on weekends
Very good training

Cons

Pay used to be fairly decent, but has recently gotten lower. Went from decent to below average
Very hard work and work stress
Rising quotas every single month
Too easy to get fired
Upper Management is ALWAYS on your case
Very low discounts(19% FAN) on your personal/family line/s
You get a survey on EVERY SINGLE transaction with your customers. 1-10 survey, anything below a 9 you get a write up.

I love the service of AT&T. Great phones, great product. But I unfortunately despise working for this company now. I started less than a year ago and company has cut about $500 in commissions per month per sales rep. Not only did they cut pay, they also raised quotas and continually add new items to our sales quota.

AT&T's management have no leadership, very disappointed. As Sales reps, we are pretty much at their mercy. If one customer gives us a 8 out of a 10 survey, you can get written up, depending on your manager's mood. Very stressful job.

If you're desperate for a job, then try it. I would recommend a different sales job.

6740 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Compensation is pretty good, but barely good enough to deal with what you do

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Good pay. Good benefits. Very secure job... if you are not completely incompetent you shouldn't get fired... there is very low employee turnover. Sometimes it is fun meeting so many people and it feels good to help people. Sales can be fun.

Cons

In att retail stores, you are a one stop shop, particularly you are the dropped ball department. It is as if att is trying to become radioshack, but they are trying to move too fast and cannot handle the reactions from the public... the demand... the servicing required. You are in the store and you have a high pressure sales quota, but 75% of your traffic is billing and service issues or technical support needs. Half of the people coming to you for help are people who went to Radio Shack or Walmart or called in instead of spending money with you like they should have. You will rip your hair out over the complete incompetence of the wired side of the company. Many times you may boycott selling something because you know it is going to bommerang back at you and take up three times as much of your time fixing and servicing as it took you to sell it. The expectations and pressure are absolutely insane when paired with the slow slow poor equipment and programs you are given to work with in a fast paced high pressure environment, and they will literally hold you accountable for things, then put miles of red tape in your way of achieving those things, and when you find work arounds you will further run into brick wall after brick wall trying to accomplish these expectations placed on you. If you cannot handle repeatedly banging your head into a proverbial wall while maintaining a smile as your poor customer stands before you... this is not for you. The good people, who actually care about the customers, who see the crap, leave. Customers will have a legitimate problem where they were wronged and management will be so fearful of getting in trouble that they tell you tough luck or go around your elbow to get to your butt and infuriate the customer further basically. This all varies slightly by management, but the incompetency of the departments other than corporate retail is pretty consistent. Retail is not perfect but dang. Work Life balance is also horrid. Absolutely Horrid. And they are doing this positive attitude thing now which is pretty infuriating. I am a realist I do not drink the corporate coolaid. Don't breathe logic or sense or any truth about a situation or you are being "negative." When trying to voice a legitimate grievance and being shut down and called "negative" it is pretty infuriating. I think management is brainwashed. I see them spin situations that are clearly bad into something positive and I think they really truly believe it is a good thing. I think that is what brainwashing looks like. They are like little corporate robots in a Radioshack Disney world wanna-be mix of a psuedo-car salesman in serious disguise retail store. Best description I can think of. All they care about is money and sales numbers. Hardcore seriously... but the pressure is equally in place to do everything else under the sun... which will probably one day include complimentary rectal exams when you buy a wireless dog collar.

Pay the retail store reps... the cannon fodder... for what they go through. If you want to integrate the company, integrate the company. If retail is going to sell everything we need to be able to efficiently service everything and be trained on everything ourselves instead of having to rely on so many departments. Be efficient and cut out the red tape crap. You can think and do it I know you can. Nothing is seamless anymore, the public is helpless and needy and full of problems. All the red tape is not conducive. For gods sake get an IT team that knows what they are doing with Opus. That system is slow and buggy and ridiculous. The computers are slow in general too. It's a fast paced environment, have fast paced computers. Slow down on the growth how much money do you need?! The quotas are absolutely insane. Oh I will tell you why cor retail got the highest score for customer experience with JD P&A, because customers come to us to fix everything, and we take care of them completely and don't jerk them around. We are the dropped ball department and the make people happy department and we are face to face. Also, allow weapons on property with a ccw permit. There are more furious that walk through our door than probably any other business in town. I think it's deplorable that the company would have us be unarmed and be the ones to get gunned down. Support the second amendment. Regulations only apply to those who abide by them, like us, who would be defenseless against a crazy customer with a gun, like the poor store in New York and other cases.

Ok place to make a living.

Current Employee - Premesis Technician
    Current Employee - Premesis Technician

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Descent pay, competitive with other company's of same interest. Insurance is good better than most company. Retirement is good. Ok playce to work.

Cons

Long unreasonable hours, Very very very hard to get off work when you need to. management seems to pride it's self in finding ways to write up or fire employees.

Management needs to get back to the old swbell when the employees and customers came first, instead of the shareholders. with out the employees and customer you have no company. randall is gonna put this company in the ground need new ceo to lead this company

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T