There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

A great learning experience

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Flexibilty, great office, everyone works together as a team to get make our jobs easier and make every one successful

Cons

Straight commission, not every day is going to be a sale sale sale day, some days there are some gloomy days because its only commission

reviews filtered by

A fair place to work, with competant people who respect diversity

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Diversity
    Job opportunity
    High salary
    Average age is higher
    People are professional and knowledgable
    People want to work here

Cons

Poor benefits as a contractor

I feel I can come to management anytime for any reason and be respected and tended to appropriately

2. I have been very blessed to work for AT&T

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

AT&T has provided more training than i have time to take, very competitive salary, fabulous benefits, love the flexibility and ability to telecommute.

Cons

Continual "downsizing" and "outsourcing" going on. Upper management has not yet realized that we are not saving money by outsourcing our technical work. Quality of tech support from off-shore is inferior to AT&T employees. It has been impossible to convey our corporate environment and importance of fixing production problems in timely manner to offshore workers. I believe this is mostly due to the fact they do not know what they are doing, rather than due to cultural differences. The cost associated with managing world-wide tech employees has not really been computed and given consideration in total cost of outsourcing.

Look at true cost of outsourcing to companies outside of the United States. Managing emplyees on a global scale, sending jobs overseas will prove in the long run to be very short-sighted.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T