AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

The absolute best working experience of my working career up until the AT & T merger.

Current Employee - Cusstomer Service Representative II
Current Employee - Cusstomer Service Representative II

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

The pay was more than fair, extensive on the job training was paid full pay, leave hours earned each payperiod.

Cons

the worst experience was during the AT&T merger, information was withheld from employees until it was almost over.

I ended my relationship with Cingular before the merger with AT&T was over so my experience wouldn't apply.

5933 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

It has gotten worse

Current Employee - Digital Tech
    Current Employee - Digital Tech

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting work
    decent pay
    some benefits

Cons

micro management of your numbers but little support if you need technical help.
    contract coming up expect to have to start paying for most benefits.
    Layoffs every quarter.
    Most decisions made way up the line so even good mangers over several states are just clerks that just pass the orders from above down the line.
    The company does not solve its problems or listen to anybody below the top staff.
    Would not recommend anyone take a position with this company.

Your best people are looking for an exit.

Once Great Company Now Okay Company

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Thanks to continued growth in wireless, the company has been able to do a good job of transitioning its wireline management workforce to wireless and avoiding massive layoffs. Also, the leadership does a good job of continuing innovation and refocusing the business to meet ever changing customer needs.

Cons

Bellsouth was a good company to work for, but once AT&T took over, the benefits and salaries became less competitive, raises became fewer and further between, and employee recognition programs were decreased. In AT&T's defense, the current policies are more in line with the rest of corporate America, but it's still disappointing considering the continued profitability (unlike the auto and airline industries).

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T