AT&T

AT&T management supports you

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

AT&T management likes to make make sure that you are satified with the projects you are working on and that the company's mission plan fits in with your personal career goals and ambitions. I have received a lot of training during my career with AT&T and realized how far I have come since I started working here. The freedom to create work on good projects as a Software Engineer is correlated with the amibitions and energy you put into it. I have been proud to be a part of a large team that puts out projects we could not have done without the training and suppport management has given.

Cons

you see the ads everywhere

continue to promote training

6493 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

It's a job at a major legacy corporation, what do you expect?

Current Employee - Senior Technical Team Lead in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Team Lead in Richardson, TX

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Decent pay when compared to other companies, but I advanced quickly with the "take the title, and the pay will come around with salary treatment", and when looking at salary ranges for the titles I've passed, I am below what I should be. It's relatively low stress, had been fairly stable as a job (lately however, yikes), most direct management folks are flexible to allow for time needed to take care of things (Dr visits, etc) and with telecommuting.

Cons

Can be frustrating dealing with the process and red tape on stuff. Also get management speaking out of both sides of their mouth on multiple issues (ie follow the process vs Stephenson said do this now).

Spend the money to update some of the antiquated systems that bog down progress and require so much money spent to customize solutions for each region. Create a central customer repository instead of regional deviation.

good place to start. tough place to grow.

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Framingham, MA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

There is a good amount of flexibility and stability at the company

Cons

compensation. benefits used to be great. They've been watered down to the lowest common denominator with the various mergers.

promote from within.