There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

It is, what you make it.

Current Employee - Retail Account Executive in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Retail Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well known company with good benefits and decent salary in a growing industry. Safe.

Cons

Limited compensation with fluctuating goals and expectations. At risk compensation can be manipulated by senior mgmt. Easy to "float along".

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Never do it again

Former Employee - Dispatcher, Controller, Customer Service in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Dispatcher, Controller, Customer Service in Southfield, MI

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro I can state is that working here made me realize that I think more of myself than this!

Cons

Awful management, union representation may as well be zero unless you regularly get written up and want to keep this job; which is a strong possibility.

Advice to Management

Use some of that money you're making and provide service to your customers and give your employee the necessary tools to do their jobs. Not letting employee use the lavatory facilities... without permission... really? I have Never worked in an environment where the morale was so low and absentee numbers were so high. You really need to look into how your centers are being managed (or not managed). Perhaps if you paid more for the expectations of said employees, and treated them like people instead of numbers you would have less turn over. This is definitely a company that needs and Undercover Boss episode! Come to this call center and have the experience!

Loved it, now hate it

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hourly pay $15 No college degree required Free cell phone (not always the model you want)

Cons

9.5 hour shifts Salary has decreased $1,000 per year for the last 3 years due to commission changes Extreme micro-managing (every time you take a phone out of inventory you have to tell a manager what the customer is buying with it (Features and accessories). If you have a loyal customer of ten years and he wants to buy a phone without a case, he has no value and you are told to refer him to best buy or online. Lazy management, the assistant mgr and store mgr make their own schedule so they are the last to arrive and first to leave. Over the last 4 years I've gone from 8hr shifts to 9.5 all while my commission check decreases. I've had about 10 different managers in the last few years. The stress and turnover is ridiculous. In addition, %80 of sales reps at my location have applied for a new job (self included). I used to work 8 hrs, make a teachers salary and liked my mgr. The company is in the toilet.

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing, stop rewarding unruly customers just so they leave, show up on time and leave on time, lead by example, stop interrupting sales when a sales veteran is with a customer.