There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Frustrating at times and big

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and Pension plan. Name brand with deep pockets. Longevity is rewarded with additional vacation and pay increases. Great products, such as phones and uverse tv. Upper management really talented.

Cons

Difficult to move up unless middle management likes you. Middle Management talks a good game but they do only care about their own success. Too much politics so nothing ever really gets done as people are afraid to share their opinions. Pay is based on tenure and not really on results so you have people that are weak earning much more than producers. Expected to work on days off and work life balance is really bad.

Advice to Management

Pick the best people for the jobs. If you find someone good give them a shot and pay them what their worth. Be open to new ideas and allow creativity,

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Love it.

Current Employee - Home Solutions Consultant in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Home Solutions Consultant in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great company, excellent pay and benefits

Cons

limited flexibility on schedule, not having all tools available to do job effectively, though it gets better every day

Advice to Management

more communication down the line

2. Started at 19. Never figured I would stay there. Fact is, there are not many jobs out there with the pay and benefits.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Anaheim, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k and pension. I left on an early retirement lump sum pension payout. Honestly, for the job I did, compared to other jobs, I was overpaid. NO cost medical, up until 2010, which included the whole family. Now it is about $75 a month for family coverage.

Cons

Strict attendance policy. Not to impressed wirh management. No longer is there job security.