There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Bellsouth was more family oriented before the takeover.

Former Employee - Network Manager in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Network Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and retirement are competitive. Chance to work your way up with experience vs. education (to a degree). Most supervisors tend to be flexible with taking vacation and or paid time off.

Cons

Big business mentality. To much emphasis on numbers. The emphasis on numbers creates safety hazards as well as inferior work.

Look beyond numbers sometimes.

reviews filtered by

I'd be happier in an unemployment line.

Current Employee - Premesis Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Premesis Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most customers are nice, certain amount of freedom (for now).

Cons

The company does not care about you as an employee, you are just someone to earn management more money thru bonuses or whatever. Job continues to worsen as time goes on (on a monthly basis at this point)

Learn how to treat employees as more than just tools. Stop looking at spreadsheets all day and get out in the field and do some actual managing.

If you had questions about your landline phone, then I was a Representative that took your call.

Former Employee - Service Representative in Saginaw, MI
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Saginaw, MI

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and excellant co-workers. The company was an excellant place to work when it was Michigan Bell, Ameritech, and SBC. When they merged with AT&T and Ed Whitacre left is exactly when the deterioration of values began. Current CEO Randall L. Stephenson has destroyed a once proud and honorable employer.

Cons

Extreme stress due to managements pressure to achieve unreasonable expectations- for example requiring sales pitches that blur the ethical line, like high pressure sales techiniques to a 95 year old woman to purchase high speed internet (when she says she has no computer). I was counseled to tell her that "she really NEEDS a pc in todays world and we could go ahead and get her set up!"

Realize the true value of your employees and customers for that matter!! It seems that you couldn't care less about the image of the company. Get a grip on the lack of ethical values in the treatment of employees and your customers.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T