There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

A great company if your motivated.

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Racine, WI
Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Racine, WI

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Great pay and benefits. The work varies from job to job, so you're not necessarrily doing the same thing twice. Most of the people there are pretty secure with themselves as it is a union job, so there's not much of a I'm better than you mentality. I get to work on communication systems that serve lots of people. So it's a fairly unique job.

Cons

They pay you well so they expect a lot out of you. The job confrontsyou with different challenges that can be solved different ways. And I'm supposed to know everything. It can be a bit overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Look for the people who advance their knowledge outside of work and help them get to where they want to be in their careers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Ok company to work for.

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

flexibility of work. Availability of training resources. Pension plan. Plenty of variety in work. Opportuinity to do your work your own way. Good vacation time. plenty of employee discounts available. Just like in any large companies there are plenty of opportunities and different places you can be at if you have the drive and the goals to do so.

Cons

no good benefits. Problems in getting promotion. TOo much politics. Crazy work hours sometimes. Long hours, out-of-touch management, lack of support. The downside is the repetitive, boring and frivolous training. Most of it seems to come from corporate lawyers to reduce their liability. Some bad blood between management and its workforce because of the unions. I

Advice to Management

pay attention to a persons ability (donot practive favouritism). look at your group, award the top 30% of the people who do most of the work in terms of salary, bonuses etc.. instead of just giving avg's due to legal reasons or inertia, you may actually find that more work gets done.

Cheap Slave labor work!

Current Employee - Internet Assistant in Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Internet Assistant in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Hours, location to my home, friendly people

Cons

Absolutely no flexibility when it comes to vacation, or sick time. You cannot miss one single day in your first year, or you are fired. They do not allow for life at this company - instead, they want cheap slave labor that they make to feel important. I got into this job fresh out of college, ready to climb the ladder. forget trying to climb, or expand your horizons in the company. It is good if you are happy staying still for years, and not being valued as a person or a mind that could help the company grow and learn.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and really help them grow as a person to benefit your company.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T