AT&T

www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

You'll always be just a number to them

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free company cell phone to use

Cons

Too large with limited chances to move up

Focus on retaining valuable and knowledgable employees

6506 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Frustrating at times and big

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and Pension plan. Name brand with deep pockets.
    Longevity is rewarded with additional vacation and pay increases.
    Great products, such as phones and uverse tv.
    Upper management really talented.

Cons

Difficult to move up unless middle management likes you.
    Middle Management talks a good game but they do only care about their own success.
    Too much politics so nothing ever really gets done as people are afraid to share their opinions. Pay is based on tenure and not really on results so you have people that are weak earning much more than producers. Expected to work on days off and work life balance is really bad.

Pick the best people for the jobs.
    If you find someone good give them a shot and pay them what their worth.
    Be open to new ideas and allow creativity,

Poor Upper Management / Former RSC TNKY

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Memphis, TN

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Union, has set three raises per year. Health benefits are wonderful for non management employees. You can earn free equipment by meeting sales goals. Good discount programs with other companies. Individuals without a college degree have potential for making good money via commission/ at risk pay.

Cons

I have heard good thing about some markets. However TNKY - Tennessee / Kentucky market is all about who you know, who you are sleeping with, and what secrets do you have on upper management. They are supposed to have an 800 number to call about situations that come up at work that are a COBC violation (code of business conduct). If you call management will find out who you are and you will loose your job. Annual assessments on management are required to be filled out by employees, if you report anything negative they manager will be after you to be fired. I had never been written up at any job before and I was written up for not saying my name, I was written up for doing what an assistant manager told me to do and he even sat in on the discipline and told the store manger that I had done what he told me to do. I had a petty and weak manager that did not lead by example and tried to lead by fear and through egregious write ups. Finally when I was dismissed I was off of any kind of disciplinary action and upper management back dated two months into when I was on discipline to say that I did not make quota. My current manager that had to pass on this news was very upset and hurt as I was viewed as a model employee. All coworkers were shocked and even the union rep said that I could get my job back because the company only had 7 - 14 days to discipline any employee and yet the company waited 2 months. I lived in fear for six months while on a final discipline and survived to only find that longed for freedom of being off of discipline was pulled right out from under me. While after I was gone I still stayed in the stack rankings for high sales and my friends and coworkers with the company kept me up to date until finally IT pulled me off the report. In short if you give management any answer other than yes I can do that, you can look for another job because they will get rid of you by listing any and all mistakes in a system that managers CALL PDST, not a system to notate accomplishments but anything you do wrong. Like not saying your name to a customer. Not giving the complete robotic greeting to every customer that comes into the store. Management will also tell you specifically to do things that violates company policy and expect you to do it. Commission payments are changed every quarter the company is constantly trying to find ways to make it harder for you to meet sales goals so they do not have to pay out as much money to reps.

Fire managers that sexually harass employees instead of paying off the employees that have been harassed. Make not of each diversity group of employees and see which groups are being let go the most... (LGBT) I have seen at least 12 employees in that group let go under one specific ARSM over the midtown Memphis area. Oh your surprise visits are not a surprise you should look in the RIM system to see how your ARSM constantly text, call, or e-mail store mangers to let them know that you are on the way to inspect a store. Follow true ethical rules set in place by the company. Listen to your sales staff, they are the ones that interact with customers on a regular basis. Look at the video tapes to see how much mangers slack, and not to try to find a sales employee making a mistake. Stop mangers from saying they can hear a sales reps conversation when the sales floor is full of 25 plus customers that are talking, muzak is playing , and U-verse and directv is playing. There is no way they can hear what a rep is saying from across the room. Stop letting mangers be negative on monthly calls, and for GOD sake quite using the words "you will be held accountable". I could puke every time I hear that word in day to day life now its like I suffer from PTSD...

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T