AT&T

www.att.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Quality and Integrity replaced by corrupted management’s own interests - fraudulent efficiency requirements rule the day

Current Employee - Premesis Technician in McHenry, IL
Current Employee - Premesis Technician in McHenry, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy most all my customers and the work itself is rewarding. Met a lot of great co-workers along the way - many of us share a bond, in that we suffer along side each other.

Cons

2standards to fulfill: directly conflicting
Standard1: MSOC a/k/a‘the beast’- PremTechEfficiency#s: determined rationally conclusive only in another cosmos.

Standard2: “EverythingElse” –CustomerSatisfaction,Integrity,Values,Procedures,Policy,Safety, Conduct.

Truth of the matter: PTmgr concerned only w/Standard1: his bonus equals MSOC#s. Therefore, Standard1 is THE driving force. EverythingElse, secondary.
PT knows mgr’s priority: must–feed–beast. So, short TimeSheet, cut corners/safety, overbill, ie.cheat. If he doesn’t, beast goes hungry, & he walks the green mile. Numerically impossible to meet both standards, managers look the other way…unless you’re a ‘problem’: (employee who maintains integrity) Eventually, integrity WILL drop efficiency#s & manager uses either standard to document insubordination. PTmanagers sell their souls, look conscientious employees in the eye, describe disappointing failure; obliterate stellar careers; financially ruin dedicated employees / breadwinners. ..and yet, they look like everyone else…never know they sleep in pods in the backyard…

to the brass: I am working within a culture of corruption, sanctioned by you. You are fully aware of the immorality within your company – you put it there. The peasants are pleading for mercy. Do you not care?

6736 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

RSC PHILA COTTMAN STORE

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The old AT&T was the best to work for they treated you like family great pay and great feeling to work for a company that stood behind you, Then Cingular came in and went corporate on us, ok a little adjusting but ok rewards were given out pay the same and was pretty good then AT&T now see below

Cons

1. AT&T corporate now lol pay sucks commission went down down like crazy they want you to sell 10 times as much to make the same and they keep taking money away..
    2. Union well does the union know we are a union cause they seam more focused on Verizon Landline then AT&T. When you need a union rep they are scared to help cause they work for at&t and are afraid they will get in trouble if they help you..so if you need help then just deal with it.
    3. Benefit are paid to an extent co pay is based on your income so some people WILL pay so much more in copays then other and I mean like 2000+ per in co pay per year before your covered. Way to go on great benefit fortune 100 company
    4. Management lol Is a joke they come in at 9am and leaves at 12-1pm wish I had that scedule. the DM hey next time you talk crap about people behind there back in the office with paper thin doors and then come out and say hey you did a good job today. What is your job again you do nothing but come in and talk down to people instead of encouraging them to do better. The management team talk down to all employees and threaten there jobs so we are always on edge thinking they will be fired..it's so bad in there the last 3 years they went through 4 store managers cause they can't do there job.. Just to relief the harse threatment from them we have to go on short term stress leave. At one time there were 7 people on leave cause they were beyond stressed. I have other really good friends in different store for AT&T and the same treatment is going on everywhere.. STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU WANT ABUSE.

Why don't you focus on making your employees happy so they sell more instead of threating there jobs.. Happy people happy selling happy $.

Great experience

Current Employee - Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It was a wonderful experience with some room to grow if you were assertive.

Cons

The usual political stuff. Salary differentiation between people with various levels of education despite doing the same job with good annual reviews was unfair.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T