There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Good pay and benefits thanks to the union, but terrible me attitude.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at AT&T part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay, Medical benefits, 401k, free phone service, strong ability to advance, and exciting working with new technology.

Cons

Stressful sales goals, demanding, bad management, managers that have high sales get promoted and not those who would actually do a good job managing others.

Slow down and get to know your employees, show them you care and maybe turnover would decrease.

reviews filtered by
  1. Probably would not return

Former Employee - Senior Technical Architect in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Architect in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work from home was the norm for our team.

Cons

The employee review process was terrible, too much like what MSFT has been getting a bad rap for in the press recently. The off-shore teams who were supposed to complement the US based teams were never responsive and never tried to solve any issues - constantly calling during all hours of the night for us to solve an issue which they could have taken care of if they had just read the client notes.

Allow managers to review employees fairly, not based on some fixed number of "excellent", "good" and "average" numbers. Need better management of the off-shore teams. Employees who truly are sub-par need to be dealt with instead of making the excellent employees pick up their slack.

2. Poor Management

Current Employee - Core Systems Tech in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Core Systems Tech in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Have a lot of wonderful people that works in the company. You get a chance to meet all kinds of people and build a network of people from all kinds of jobs.

Cons

Management that really don't no the job and what it really takes to do this job on the daily bases. Also the safety issue we face on the daily bases in this economy. When there is a lot of people out of work.

Please let manager manage their employees instead of just being dictators for upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T