There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Not a good place to work if you're a premises technician

Former Employee - Premises Technician in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Premises Technician in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits pretty good. Some people I met there were good.

Cons

Management was sub par and a negative influence. Management unwilling, or unable to address and resolve issues. Blamed prem techs for issues they didn't have any control over.

Advice to Management

Face up to the issues that need to be addressed and get them resolved. You don't allow enough time, nor do you support the efforts of prem tech's in a constructive way. You spend too much time and effort on duplication and lack the resolve to face the real obstacles that could improve your bottom line.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Current sales manager in a reactive company

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with, free cell service, discounted services, good benefits

Cons

At least here in Northern CA its horrible. Senior management has their head in their ass and dont know how to get it out. First we focus on sales, then we focus on going green, then we focus on customer trade ins, then we focus on training, etc... Its a never ending cycle which has led to many dis-satisifed employees working here. Metrics change constantly without the proper pay or direction.

Advice to Management

Im still with the company, so this is not reactive but more to better this company which is spiraling down! Take care of your people, especially the ones working retail. Stop crapping on their plates... it is hard to remain hungry when you only give us crap. Were paid on 5-7 metrics, so focus on those instead of the 30 metrics you have us focus on...or PAY US FOR ALL 30 METRICS. Don't hold us accountable to selling things we dont get paid on or things that customers dont want. Like tablets, paperless billing, trade ins, etc...
    And stop giving us required training's every other week. When will you allow us to take care of customers?
    Want to know why customers hate AT&T? Because your sales force is forced to shove products down their throats. So no wonder their unhappy.
    Be realistic as a company and move forward. Stop being re-active and focus on making your people happy first! I love this company because of the people I work with, but if this continues, you will lose many people in the coming months.
    And stop the politics, STOP promoting people you "like" and start promoting people that are best for the business. Its getting ridiculous because we can all see what is going on.

2. Employment Profile

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom to be empowered to perform job.

Cons

Large organization - layers of management.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.