A strong stable company

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment. Stable mature company with excellent long term prospect.

Cons

Salaries not very competitive. Getting any administrative task done is very hard, overhear is huge in comparison to younger companies.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. Service Rep --Great Benefits; Bad for families

Current Employee - Service Representative Non Sales (Uniy) in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Service Representative Non Sales (Uniy) in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great pay, union representation, lots of holidays and vacation days, great day hours

Cons

You can not get time off even if you have days saved up without planning months ahead in most cases, do not care about as a person, you are just a number. You will never be able to transfer out once your in for advancement , almost impossible. No sick time, you are paid if your sick but you will get written up for using it. Job is very monotonous. Impossible to get time off around major holidays due to seniority of 25+ year employees. Lunches are only 30 minutes, hardly any time to eat and get away. If you are more than 2 minutes late it is an occurrence including start of day, lunches, and breaks.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees more like family instead of just a number. Offer flex time to employees with schedules they can pick between on a rotation if you have to. Offer a more family friendly environment for parents who work and have kids..employees should be able to take off spur of the moment if they have to without being written up especially if they have been there 15 years like me.

2. Manage projects and customer relationships

Former Employee - Senior Communication Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Communication Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

AT&T has thought me a lot about operations, metrics, and KPIs. Unfortunately, metrics have been used to manage folks behavior instead of the business.

Cons

AT&T has exposed me to many different bad management styles and outdated processes. I discovered over time that the company is very slow to move due to red tape and union rules.

Advice to Management

Focus on developing people and adopt a culture of innovation.