There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great Employeer

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great local team. Company listens to the lower echelons.

Cons

Retail Hours, but that would be the same at any retailer.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great opportunities if in the right department

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you fall into the right organization, there is a lot of training to be had. What I have liked most about working here is the opportunity at self evolution - meaning I have been able to steer my career and try out various roles to find the best fit.
    IT is moving slowly towards more of a virtual (telecommuting) model. This allows greater flexibility and more work/life balance.

Cons

1. One of the worst things as a "manager" is having to cover for "strike duty" while the union is going through contract negotiations. We have to do potentially life threatening jobs with very little training. If we take a vacation and a strike is called, we must cancel our vacation even if out of town - and report to strike assignment.
    2. There have been a fair number of layoffs towards the end of every year.
    3. The salaries are a bit under market but they make up for it with decent benefits.

Evil Corporation - Massive Conglomerate that WILL Crush Your Spirit

Former Employee - Premesis Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Premesis Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Disorganized, preach one philosophy but practice another, "get the job done" mentality and then they make you pay the consequences for the corners they forced you to cut, constantly threatening your job security with write ups, always keeping you one step from being fired, making you feel like you need the Union's protection - so you keep paying your dues - even though the Union will not be able to save your job because of the holes left in the contract they voted on, micromanagement in a satellite position is a destined-to-fail scenario, they will deny your use of the insurance they are requiring you to pay for when you go on sick-leave because of the mental anguish they have caused you - and they can because they are self-insured and can therefore make the final decision regarding your covered health care - regardless of the opinions of several doctor recommendations, refuse to pay the vacation and sick day allowances you have accrued when you put in your 2-week notice if you have not already pre-scheduled those days to occur before your termination date, will make it seem like there are opportunities for advancement but will later make it very clear that your only career track is management and the only opportunities there are where previous managers have cracked or been fired, will be happy to get rid of you and hire a fresh piece of meat off the street and train them to do your job for less

Try acting like humans taking care of humans, instead of the robots the corporation wants you to become, and you too will end up psychologically damaged and frail. If you have no conscience, heart, nor personal life, this can be great place for you to work.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T