AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Limited opportunities, low pay

Former Employee - Engineering Assistant in Crown Point, IN
Former Employee - Engineering Assistant in Crown Point, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits were great, good training program

Cons

Ahhh bureaucracy at its finest. So much middle management that by time the information got to you, there was no clear objective. So many people who slept on the job but couldn't be fired because of all the union red tape. I was hired in at low pay beause I was young, and the group hired with me for this technology-dependent position were all middle aged but worked for the company in the 70s and 80s. I ran circles around them with all the computer software and comprehension, when two of them couldn't even figure out how to turn on the computer! Needless to say, they made TWICE what I did, and I was doing most of their jobs so that they wouldn't hold me back. What a joke. And management would just shrug 'oh well', because excelling at my position made them fear for their own jobs. What a way to lead a team, let me tell ya.

Cut out the contractors, because all of their work needs to be redone. You are essentially paying two people for one job. And promote from within, not off the street to keep the pay scales low! You are only hurting yourselves with the unqualified and high turnover rate. Merit based raises or bonuses would be nice.

6233 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

each time there was a behavior that at&t wanted included, they would change the job as to significantly impede workers

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great benefits, to include discounts for services and wireless phone at no charge. great training in the beginning but starting to slip as they move more toward telemarketing their products instead of customer service which was the drive in 2008-2009.

Cons

there where some radical changes to call flow and the focus of the call center changed to selling instead of servicing the customer. reps were continually trying to achieve the goals the company set as standard just to find that they changed completing from on day to the next.

take stock in the folks that you have keeping customers from getting finally fed up. there are more fish in the sea at&t and your lawsuit winning average is taking a dive.

overall a decent company for sales position

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good benefits, free phones and service, union representation (in some states), generous vacation time after a few years, bargained employees have automatic salary increases

Cons

standing up all day, working on a tablet, unrealistic sales quotas most months, they keep hiring kids, heavy amount of problems you have to fix on a day to day basis, working nights and weekends, the only position available to an RSC is the dreaded assistant manager, U-Verse is a nightmare

quit upping the quota