AT&T

Work and Life out of Balance

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  San Ramon, CA
Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Salary, Bonus, and Benefits.

Cons

Often working after hours and consecutive weekends. Not much room for advancement.

Have compassion for your employees. Merit skill and abilities instead of years of seniority.

5605 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Lots of turnover

Former Employee - Manager  in  Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to build experience in sales and management. Decent training provided. Good product line to work with and competitiive plans.

Cons

Retail hours including nights and weekends. Not much you can to as far as chargebacks or improving network performance. Drama with entry level salespeople.

Hire managers who are great with thier people.

Limited opportunities, low pay

Former Employee - Engineering Assistant  in  Crown Point, IN
    Former Employee - Engineering Assistant in Crown Point, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits were great, good training program

Cons

Ahhh bureaucracy at its finest. So much middle management that by time the information got to you, there was no clear objective. So many people who slept on the job but couldn't be fired because of all the union red tape. I was hired in at low pay beause I was young, and the group hired with me for this technology-dependent position were all middle aged but worked for the company in the 70s and 80s. I ran circles around them with all the computer software and comprehension, when two of them couldn't even figure out how to turn on the computer! Needless to say, they made TWICE what I did, and I was doing most of their jobs so that they wouldn't hold me back. What a joke. And management would just shrug 'oh well', because excelling at my position made them fear for their own jobs. What a way to lead a team, let me tell ya.

Cut out the contractors, because all of their work needs to be redone. You are essentially paying two people for one job. And promote from within, not off the street to keep the pay scales low! You are only hurting yourselves with the unqualified and high turnover rate. Merit based raises or bonuses would be nice.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!