AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Weak leadership & Unprofessional managers

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Johnson City, TN
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Johnson City, TN

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Time off, overall benefits package (medical, dental, phone discount).

Cons

I took a position within their call center located in East Tennessee shortly after completion of my undergraduate studies and earning my first degree. The majority of individuals who are employeed at this particular location don't or in this case didn't appear to have a great deal of formal education or specific skill sets and unfortunately as a result it was evident that numerous managers didn't respect them as people/employee's and treated them as if they were just an assembly line robot that could be easily replaced. My distaste for this environment in particular was due to the fact that I didn't "play the game" so to speak. For example, I intentionally chose not to try and become best friends with every manager (area managers in particular) who wanted to extend their hand or better yet nose in my business in hopes of securing some type of friendship. This apparently had a negative impact on their view of either my loyalty to them/company as their attitudes towards myself as well as other professionals became quite negative and at times their was a great deal of attitude from managers even those who I/we didn't have a work relationship with. I would name individuals however that would not be fair and honestly isn't that important. For the record there are very few employee's who are actually quailty individuals who I think will do fine. However unfortunately the majority of team managers as well as several area managers could certainly benefit from some coaching sessions on leadership, communication, etc. This is not meant to be an attack but rather I simply felt the need to express my thoughts for those interested in the AT&T call center culture. I'm a young lady who now holds a Master's degree and likely earns more than even the director/s who manage the entire center (not bitter at all). In closing, the managers are quite pathethic and just don't appear to be very intelligent individuals that both blur and abuse the lines of authority over the men and women who may have no other option for employment outside of this company. Myself in addition to several others had opportunities outside of the call center and simply left to embark on the many endevors that came our way. Best of luck to any of you who plan to move on!

Have discussions about Ethics, Code of Conduct, Corporate Culture, and most importantly Leadership for your management team.

6250 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Retail Store Manager

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in South Bend, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits free cell phone service and discount on TV service.

Cons

If you live in Northern Indiana you will hate this job. The Director and Area Manager will micro manage you. On top of that if they don't like you will be labeled a "focus rep", which means they will try to get you to quit your job. They will try to accomplish this by making your work experience hell. Stay away if you what to be happy at a job, its all about nothing there. Diversity is a myth, five African American managers quit or got fired under this upper management group.

Upper management know what's going on, but they do nothing about it.

stressful environment and no consideration with employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Haven, CT

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

they have good salary and benefits

Cons

mandatory overtime and treat you as robot without feelings

be more flexible