AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Great company if you're going to retire there, but look elsewhere for professional growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richardson, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company follows best practices in technology and there are review boards that provide guidance and ensure those practices are followed. The scale at which things are done at AT&T is very large and there are very few companies where that sort of exposure is available.

Cons

Promotions are rare and the process is very cumbersome. Also, raises are small on average (1%-3%). However, the two biggest problems are the politics which can makes for a caustic work environment and the focus of senior management on metrics (numbers, percentages, etc.) which causes a lot of decisions to be very short term and narrow. Both the above also create silos where people become experts in very specific things and don't get exposure to anything outside.

Focus on the employees instead of metrics, since you have an amazing pool of talent. Also, try to eliminate the politics and infighting within Business Units, not only does it make for an tense work environment but also creates silos, where collaboration and learning is stunted.

5656 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Was wonderful, now maybe needing a change

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Decatur, AL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Decatur, AL

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Teamwork amongst sales reps, vacation time, benefits

Cons

Pressure, not ever living up to expecations

Genuinely understand that people make mistakes and when tey own up to them, please show the same empathy we are taught to show to our customers...we are not perfect but are held to those standards in my opinion. I now beleive it is better to lie when ou do something wrong than to tell the truth. That is what AT&T has taught me to beleive.

Sales Rep

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Lafayette, LA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you like tech youll like your job. New phones every quarter. Opportunity to move up.

Cons

its to each its own

retail is retail so no advice to management

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!