AT&T

www.att.com

Great company if you're going to retire there, but look elsewhere for professional growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsThe company follows best practices in technology and there are review boards that provide guidance and ensure those practices are followed. The scale at which things are done at AT&T is very large and there are very few companies where that sort of exposure is available.

ConsPromotions are rare and the process is very cumbersome. Also, raises are small on average (1%-3%). However, the two biggest problems are the politics which can makes for a caustic work environment and the focus of senior management on metrics (numbers, percentages, etc.) which causes a lot of decisions to be very short term and narrow. Both the above also create silos where people become experts in very specific things and don't get exposure to anything outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the employees instead of metrics, since you have an amazing pool of talent. Also, try to eliminate the politics and infighting within Business Units, not only does it make for an tense work environment but also creates silos, where collaboration and learning is stunted.

Was wonderful, now maybe needing a change

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Decatur, AL

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Teamwork amongst sales reps, vacation time, benefits Cons: Pressure, not ever living up to expecations Advice to Senior Management: Genuinely understand that people make mistakes and when tey own up to them, please show the same empathy we are taught to show to our… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

NEUTRAL

Technician (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Paycheck came every 2 weeks for 30 years. Dividends were… Cons: Middle management are robots-non thinking. People don't seem to care… Advice to Senior Management: Leave us alone and let us do our jobs. It never happened in 30 years-still waiting. The best thing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!