There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Wonderful pay and great benefits

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, fun, awesome benefits. OH and the amazing pay! ha

Cons

Sometimes a little overwhelming, stressful and some managers that just dont care.

Advice to Management

Talk to your reps more. Be out on the floor more.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

We were a better company without AT&T

Former Employee - Data Network Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Data Network Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was an engineer with SBNI, a DE, an SE, and an Area Manager.at SBC DataComm and then SBC bought AT&T. The only good thing that happened after that was U-Verse as a service offering. The company and the management all stalled after that. Ed saw the writing on the wall and got out with a GOLDEN Parachute. The res

Cons

Management spends more time on change than they ever do at executing any plan or program. Yes you need to be ready for change, you need to be able to change, but AT&T goes out of their way to make change happen as an excuse for not be able to execute because they cannot adapt to conditions due to the fact they are too big. You can't turn an aircraft carrier around on a small pond.

Advice to Management

Give managers the tools and ability to do whats right for their customers. Stop jumping into businesses and saying "We offer that too". Do it better, or get out of that market and do what you do best. E.g., cloud services, security services, And dare I ask, Could you have screwed up VoIP and SIP business offerings any worse. I actually go out of my way not to do business with you because I am to embarrassed to have to tell my old colleagues "I'm Sorry" and hear them whine and ask where my loyalty is. You guys need to do better, especially if you want to overcharge me constantly and screw up billing.

2. Not That Innovative, Old School and Restrictive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility is great. Get to work from home, though they are making us come in 3 days a week now. I work hard, sometimes days and nights. So this shouldn't be a hard and fast rule. But like everything else its cost driven and oppressive.

Cons

You're worked to the bone. Compensation is ok. Old school landline mentality and workers who they've tried to squeeze into mobility and new thought.

Advice to Management

RE THINK POSSIBLE..at all levels and in ALL PROCESSES.