There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T mobility company review .

Current Employee - Senior Network Process & Quality Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Network Process & Quality Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are fairly good, lots of vacation time

Cons

There is little opportunity for advancement

develop your people

reviews filtered by
  1. Horrible Experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The Salary so I thought.

Cons

The Salary isn't worth it. Don't quit a job thinking the grass is greener because of the salary offered by your recruiter. Trainer was great but their computer training system sucks....doesn't work correctly to provide actual results for preparation in taking live calls. Then when you get to take live calls there are 20 agents and 3 helpers. You sit there with your hand in the air forever waiting for help while your caller waits for you to get an answer. If they don't like you, you can forget getting help. Then they come into the classroom and pull out those agent they are canning one by one before hitting the floor. They ask you to resign instead of being fired. Was told I offered no upgrades on 3 separate calls. I asked which calls and when told which ones in question they refused to pull the calls because I did in fact offer upgrades they just did not like me. Seen agents praised for sales that were not legit. One agent told me how they were upgrading and it was not done according to their guidelines but I guess that doesn't matter...she moved on only to quit due to the pressure of meeting rediculous metrics. Guess she was eventually caught upgrading incorrectly then couldn't make the cut. I normally don't participate in negative review writing since one persons golden opportunity is another's nightmare. However, I have always excelled in every sales job I've ever had and always exceeded required sales stats.

Watch who you can. They most likely would be your best agents (honest and loyal).

This company could care less about their employees.

Former Employee - Relay Associate in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Relay Associate in Augusta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Made more than I would at similar call centers in town.

Cons

Made less than other AT&T call centers that took the same type of calls(and no the cost of living wasn't higher)
    Bad management
    Lies
    Rules changed to cover their own butts.
    Expected us to work in a crappy work environment(biting spiders, snakes, giant centipedes, roof leaks and constantly falling)
    Acquiring contracts knowing that their centers weren't equipped to handle them.
    Didn't want to give any more in our new contract in fact wanted to take away things even though we had won them numerous awards over the 3yrs of the previous contact.
    Made us take calls knowing full well they were scams and forced us to lie about them.

Quit being money hungry!
    Show your employees more appreciation.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T