AT&T

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Fast paced, cut throat

Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Nacogdoches, TX
Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Nacogdoches, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company has great products to sell and sometimes good values. Service is great in rural areas.

Cons

Quotas and goals are high and you must be fierce to reach them.

Allow your employees a say in policies and they will be much happier to follow them, thus making a better experience for the customer.

6457 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Former Employee - Records Clerk in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Records Clerk in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary and benefits, even for us with only high school diplomas. I was laid off after 22 years (corporate downsizing) and I wish so much that I was still there. I became very experienced in accounts payable, and heavy data entry and microsoft after working for AT&T. We also attended required classes to teach us how to prepare for the day "if we became laid off" and how to deal with difficult people, how to further our educations, how to handle our private finances, etc. Many of these classes came in very handy years later.

Cons

Perhaps a little more training to first level supervisors to teach them more about how to encourage people to do their best. Most managers were great over my 22 years and that's saying a lot. But a couple of them needed to learn the difference in encouraging people to be their most productive versus "scaring" them to be their most productive.

Keep up the good work.

A great place for self motivators to work autonomously to get results

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bothell, WA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good wages, bonuses and benifits in a strong company which has grown through the entire downturn in our economy. As secure as a career can be these days.

Cons

Much money and talent is wasted by the political filter between the top executives and the front line employees. Policy drive by the purse holders and mid level politics keeps the executive level from seeing the massive loss caused by front line churn and loss of brain trust as inovators and motivators are sluffed off by blank comments about cost.

Executive level managment needs to visit, interview, and get to know the front line on a regular basis. They can then see, where the real value in the company lies. Much is said about this at higher levels, but little of it is seen on the front row.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T